New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    kelan nangyari yun flu outbreak that killed millions? bird ba yun namatay or tao?
    Humans.

Outbreak is an understatement, it was the 1918 Pandemic Influenza. 50 million deaths worldwide.

The 1957 Pandemic Flu killed 1-2million worldwide
    The 1968 Pandemic Flu killed 700,000 worldwide
    Last edited by Karding; November 9th, 2005 at 02:57 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    Humans.

Outbreak is an understatement, it was the 1918 Pandemic Influenza. 50 million deaths worldwide.

The 1957 Pandemic Flu killed 1-2million worldwide
    The 1968 Pandemic Flu killed 700,000 worldwide

kakatakot naman. sana magawan na ng solution

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May shortage ng Tamiflu at minsan ang price is up to $100 a pill. Then, the manufacturer stopped supplying the medicine para maiwasan ang pagkagulo at mga oportunista. Roche USA will only distribute the medicine to Government agencies nung nalaman nila na binebenta ang pill for more than what its worth. Para din daw maiwasan ang stock piling at shortage ng Pill.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wag lang mag kasabay sabay ang Birds Flu... FMD... at Red Tide... lahat tayo ehh vegitarian nalang

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well... to give credit to our government... at least medyo contained ang ganitong mga diseases sa atin... even sa SARS na case bilang na bilang lang ang cases dito.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    Well... to give credit to our government... at least medyo contained ang ganitong mga diseases sa atin... even sa SARS na case bilang na bilang lang ang cases dito.
    In fairness the government isn't exactly stupid, just some (many?) people out there who put their political agendas up higher than national interest.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One
    In fairness the government isn't exactly stupid, just some (many?) people out there who put their political agendas up higher than national interest.
    Yup... kapag nakaka angat tayo ng konti (stable peso, appreciating stock market, lower budget deficit projection, etc.) tapos may ganyan na namang kalokohan. Tayo-tayo eh nagtitirahan.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    Yup... kapag nakaka angat tayo ng konti (stable peso, appreciating stock market, lower budget deficit projection, etc.) tapos may ganyan na namang kalokohan. Tayo-tayo eh nagtitirahan.
    OT: Take Northrail for example. Drilon, The Left and co. trying to make the contract null and void, presumably simply because Gloria JDV et. al are the proponents. Now I don't like Gloria and JDV myself, but me and everybody else just wants to see a damn train.

Yun nga eh, kung may peperahan silang big project, at least make it useful! God knows how many "priority projects" we have here in Cavite that are mostly cosmetic at best.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One
    OT: Take Northrail for example. Drilon, The Left and co. trying to make the contract null and void, presumably simply because Gloria JDV et. al are the proponents. Now I don't like Gloria and JDV myself, but I just want to see a damn train.

Yun nga eh, kung may peperahan silang big project, make it useful!
    Yup... I don't really *like* our politicians... but my philosophy is to just support who the heck is in Malacanang (even I supported Erap when he was sworn in as President).

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    tsk tsk. 1918 pa ito. parang mas madami pa namatay kaysa noon WW2.

talagang mother nature ang nagsasagawa ng cleansing sa mga tao. Migratory birds are influenced by the magnetic north d'ba, para din compass ang mga pag-isip nito.
    they're like nature's messengers or deliverer of death.

just like those hurricanes in US South. pag na-forecast ng US geological system na Louisiana touchdown ang hurricane, bigla mag-shift sa New Orleans, kung sa New Orleans, bagsak naman Florida. I watched National Geographic about hurricanes, pamatay pala ang eye of the storm na ito, namimili ng bahay na titirahin or i-flatten to the ground. kung naniniwala ka sa wrath of God, eto na yun! imagine sa isang neighborhood, 2 houses sira-sirang while yun iba kapitbahay intact. Parang pinaparusahan kung sino man mayari ng bahay na sinira.

so I guess the best way to defend ourselves is to live accordingly with mother nature. dont over consume, dont waste, dont overeat and the likes, baka mother nature will spare us.

Pero with the Philippines, nakakatakot, over 10M in Metro Manila alone. puwede nga tayo ma-wipe out ng virus coz of high population density.

and that's not even comparable with the Big One daw accdg. to Philvolcs, yun deadly Phil quake of 1699 that comes every 400 years, 6 year na daw overdue. They say it's like the domino movement that started from Bandah Aceh tsunami quake to the recent quake in Pakistan then to another middle-eastern city daw which will be Turkey then punta na ng pacific rim. kakatakot!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
BIRD FLU: H5N1 virus [MERGED]