New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    potik! spicy chicken pa naman lunch ko kanina... sa agno. heppa + bird flu amp!

heppa because may magkaka heppa daw kng kumain sa agno... a small street near DLSU. baka sambihin nyo may heppa na ako ... hindi ah!
    Last edited by kyle618; November 8th, 2005 at 06:47 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    kahit ba lutong luto yung manok nakakahawa pa rin ng bird flu?
    Hindi raw eh.

The thing is hindi ka naman talaga mahahawa sa manok, everything else remaining the same. Ang kinatatakutan talaga eh kung magmutate yung virus at maging nakakahawa siya sa tao. The flu virus has a hundred bazillion gabillion different genetic makeups simply because it mutates so easily. The common influenza is simply a variation of H5N1.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One
    Hindi raw eh.

The thing is hindi ka naman talaga mahahawa sa manok, everything else remaining the same. Ang kinatatakutan talaga eh kung magmutate yung virus at maging nakakahawa siya sa tao. The flu virus has a hundred bazillion gabillion different genetic makeups simply because it mutates so easily. The common influenza is simply a variation of H5N1.
    so kung kakain ka lang sa mga resto and well cooked yung chicken, walang problema. yung mga naghahandle lang ng live or uncooked chicken (tindera at bumibili sa palengke, mga cooks/chefs) ang may risk na mahawa ng mutated virus?
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    so ung mga namamatay is being with a live infected bird?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    me supply na ba ng Tamiflu drugs dito sa Pinas?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    so kung kakain ka lang sa mga resto and well cooked yung chicken, walang problema. yung mga naghahandle lang ng live or uncooked chicken (tindera at bumibili sa palengke, mga cooks/chefs) ang may risk na mahawa ng mutated virus?
    The way I understand it is that there isn't any direct threat of infection. The real threat is when the virus mutates to be able to easily infect humans.

Unfortunately, that's all I know. I'm no doctor, sorry.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Right now, the virus can infect humans through close contact with infected birds. But the real danger is when it mutates into a strain that can jump from one infected human to another.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i just read that doctors/researchers in china are now studying if the bird flu virus is being passed to chicken eggs. kasi daw there were cases of infected chickens not manifesting the symptoms of bird flu (this could be another virus strain). so far, no conclusive evidence. i hope they find out soon, baka eto pa mag-trigger ng mutation from human-to-human virus transmission.

they are also taking a look at breeding genetically modified (GM) chickens, w/c can be given immunity to the bird flu virus. ewan ko lang kung anong side-effect nito pag kinain ng humans.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by woulfe27
    me supply na ba ng Tamiflu drugs dito sa Pinas?
    Its been out of stock from Mercury Drugs for months already.

People get infected by coming into contact with live and infected birds.

Cooking the chicken WELL will not transmit the virus to a person eating such.

There will really be a real crisis, IF the H51 bird flu gets the oppurtunity to mutate with a common influenza or cold virus (for example: an individual with colds already, accidentally catches the H51 virus through an infected bird), resulting in the newly mutated virus now having the ability to spread from human to human. The H51 vrius is spread from infected bird to humans or other birds.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hay that means no chicken for me for the rest of the month.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
BIRD FLU: H5N1 virus [MERGED]