New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's one of my frustrations with the catholic church in the US. i feel they are a little too business-oriented and i don't like my faith to be held over me like some kind of threat to make sure i continually give my time and money to the church.

if you guys are mad about the baptism requirements, try getting your child into a catholic private school here. nawalan talaga ako ng gana sa simbahan after that experience.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    tama si sir m54,nakakawalang gana ang sistema ng catholic church dito sa tate,masyadong by the bible ang procedure nila.the reason na kailangan ng confirmation certificate ang godparents is to make sure that the chosen godparents is a verified catholic.eh sabi ko ang baptismal certificate di pa ba sapat na katibayan yun na catholic ang ninong at ninang,nope!they have to have at least three of the blessed sacrament as stated by the bible....

kaya nag naisip naming gawin ni misis,yungpari na lang na pilipino na pwedeng mapakiusapan,i'm sure meron dito nun.o kaya mas maganda umuwi na lang kami para lahat ng taga tsikot.com ninong at ninang!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Actually lately when I was asked to become a ninang in QC, pinag attend din kami ng seminar but not wholeday... mga 1.5 hours lang. But super strict yung lector... nanigaw sa mga late. Buti nalang maaga ako. I think it's a good thing because it explains your duty as god parent. It's over and above the gift giving during birthdays and Christmas - being a god parent is actually a duty, an obligation towards your god child if ever he/she will need your guidance in the future.

But agree... super dami namang hinihingi dyan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree with ma'am carol

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow...complain na kaagad...yan palang hinihingi ng simbahan...do you really know how big is your responsibility as a godparent? kung di mo kaya mag attend the ilang oras na lecture, then don't bother to be a ninong or ninang because you don't understand at all the essence of being a ninong/ninang.
    Last edited by explorer; January 26th, 2006 at 08:26 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pero once naka pag seminar kana next time na kunin ka ulit na ninong/ninang.. hindi mo na kailangan mag seminar ulit?? ganon ba yon?? or everytime mag aanak sa binyag?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
binyag...