New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    exactly my point. the response kasi of some of the other posters is that walang kwenta si binay. i think it's not a coincidence that these people are rich :D
    Commoner: OMG! The government is being bribed by the elite by paying them!
    Elite: OMG! The government is bribing the commoner by giving him healthcare!
    twak2:

Quote Originally Posted by mrpink
    i don't agree .. sabi nga nila ... sloppy dress often results in sloppy work .. you have to dress appropriately for your line of work .. if you work in an office .. wear office clothes .. if you're the mayor .. wear something that reflects your office ..
    I didn't necessarily mean that everyone should dress sloppily. My point was this whole "dress" thing is more of an image issue than anything else, and if you look deeper into it, people really only dress the way they do as a "status symbol."

I never liked formal clothes anyway, they're damn uncomfortable.

Put it this way, in casual wear I can unload a truck now, and work on papers later. I'll ruin a suit doing the former.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One
    Put it this way, in casual wear I can unload a truck now, and work on papers later. I'll ruin a suit doing the former.
    But can you close a multi-million dollar sale in a casual wear?

Mind you - the formal wear that we consider today is just the casual wear of the past centuries. Damn, watch Deadwood... they are mining for gold, building a shop, etc. in a three piece suit!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    IMO - why can't rich people just complain as it is? parang poor vs rich kasi lagi.
    You got that right. Why are people including the dressing up stuff, when the only real complaint is the very disruptive ralllies?

Take Gloria for example. Here in UP, we get a lot of propaganda err I mean "enlightenment: from all those reds este "activists" saying she should be ousted because of EVAT, UP budget cut, the rising prices of petroleum products, blah blah blah... bollocks! There's only one reason we should see her out anyway (She lied, period. Full stop.)?

Concentrate your firepower on the weakpoint, don't spread it all over the armor.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Binay's statement is simply untrue, from the point of view of Makati's businessmen. Although Binay's supporter base far outnumbers them, the businessmen's taxes are the reason why he can afford to provide his outstanding government service in the first place. When these businesses transfer someplace else, let's see what will become of Binay and his initiatives.
    That is pretty much going to happen. A lot of businesses want to transfer to Taguig because of the more business-friendly environment there. Binay loves his RPTIS (real-estate taxation system) but it's sure pissed off the Ayalas, who are the biggest taxpayer in Makati. Of course the Ayalas are pissed because they USED to get away with under-declaring their real property obligations.

IMO - why can't rich people just complain as it is? parang poor vs rich kasi lagi.
    I didn't intend for it to sound like that. My point was more of, some of the comments here tend to give the impression that Binay is a useless piece of cr*p who panders to the poor. But the truth is, he's been GOOD to the poor. So he's not exactly a piece of cr*p.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    But can you close a multi-million dollar sale in a casual wear?
    That's the thing, you know. Up there in front of your desk your prospective $$$$$$ sees you before a desk in a suit. Later calls you up at home, and he sees you in a suit, but in fact you don't have a shirt on and you just spilled beer on your belly!

Never mind, this conversation is getting nowhere and I must admit stupidity for not understanding that humans need multiple faces when talking to multiple people .

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    hehe .. siempre naman you don't wear a suit while unloading a truck .. naging fashionista ako bigla .. in anycase .. i live and work in makati .. the yellow card, senior citizens benefits, the makati park and some other stuff that binay did is good .. i wish in QC where my folks live, they have these benefits .. this does not discount, however, that Binay is as corrupt as hell .. and promoting and leading rallies right in the heart of the business district and saying that it is not disruptive is idiotic .. IMO lang naman ..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I didn't intend for it to sound like that. My point was more of, some of the comments here tend to give the impression that Binay is a useless piece of cr*p who panders to the poor. But the truth is, he's been GOOD to the poor. So he's not exactly a piece of cr*p.
    Hmmm...

Even if he is allegedly corrupt? ;)

If so, we can also apply this to the GMA fiasco right? Let's just say for argument's sake that she did cheat & steal and what have you. So, we forget about all that hooplah and concentrate on improving our economy and in paying our proper taxes (even if we know that some of it will go into somebody's pocket). But despite of all that corruption we were able to improve people's lives by even a bit (heck, some European countries are just as corrupt as ours).

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i do see your points naman sir orly...kaso health insurance is being funded by the taxes he collects. if he manages to alienate business owners so much that they start leaving makati, saan siya kukuha ng pera para sa health insurance?

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Human nature lang yan. If it's your personal interest, syempre parating ikaw ang tama. Nagkataon lang na siya rin ang mayor. Yun ang difference.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    if i didn't already have HMO coverage, i would definitely get a yellow card. nakakatulong din yun on top of philhealth.
    Hindi ba ganyan din yung style ni GMA nung namimigay siya ng PhilHealth Card, pero tinira siya dahil pamumulitika daw yung card na yun. Parang pareho lang nung Yellow Card ni Binay. It depends lang kung kinasusuklaman mo yung taong nagbibigay ng card, definitely masama ang dating parati sayo.

By the way, pag sinabi kong "sayo" - i'm referring to the general readers; not any person in particular.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Binay: Rallies not disruptive to Makati business