New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    gusto ni binay nakikita nya mga kamukha nyang nagrarally sa makati.

san ka nakakita ng mayor ng business district na naka plain white t-shirt.

kitang-kita agad kung sino ang mga constituents nya.. kawawa ang CBD.

yellow card? ayos un ah.. pangkuha nga ng boto.

may kaso pala sya sa ombudsman.. lakas talaga ng apog ni sir.

san ba sya galing bago sya naging mmda chairman?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    gusto ni binay nakikita nya mga kamukha nyang nagrarally sa makati.
    san ka nakakita ng mayor ng business district na naka plain white t-shirt.
    kitang-kita agad kung sino ang mga constituents nya.. kawawa ang CBD.
    and that statement... is what alienates the "masa" from the middle and upper classes. which is why erap continues to have a constituency. even my friends call binay "nognog" and "brownie" -- derogatory terms which further endear him to the "masa."

yellow card? ayos un ah.. pangkuha nga ng boto.
    yes, and no. it's the government's obligation to provide social services. and, whether you agree or not with binay, he HAS done a good job of providing social services in makati. even their traffic enforcement is efficient, hence i don't mind (so much) getting apprehended in makati. mahal nga lang..

san ba sya galing bago sya naging mmda chairman?
    the story i heard is.. back in 1986 when cory was appointing OIC mayors right and left, binay somehow got his name added to the stack of papers on cory's desk. of course he had already been an activist of some sort against marcos (same as norberto gonzales, rigoberto tiglao, etc. etc.)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just shows you how deluded some people are.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    andoon na siya sa stage na he is starting to believe the lies that he peddles ...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    just shows you how deluded some people are.
    the point that i'm trying to make (not that i'm a binay supporter, but i live in makati..) is that binay is JUSTIFIABLY popular (and populist). unlike, say, erap.

if i didn't already have HMO coverage, i would definitely get a yellow card. nakakatulong din yun on top of philhealth. ironically, this is part of the reason why Makati Med has fallen on hard times-- the "rich" and wanna-be rich don't want go to MMC anymore kasi makakatabi nila ang mga squatter na taga-Tembo. kaya sa St Lukes or Asian Hospital nalang sila.

but only a truly hard-assed rich person would deny that having access to good health care is good for the poor.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    My reaction to the topic title was "Right..." in a British accent in a very Top Gearish way.

Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    and that statement... is what alienates the "masa" from the middle and upper classes. which is why erap continues to have a constituency. even my friends call binay "nognog" and "brownie" -- derogatory terms which further endear him to the "masa."
    What is it with clothing anyway, if you think about it?

Put it this way. If you're a guy who goes to work in a suit, whenever a client calls you at home at night, he thinks you're in a suit. Even if you're lying down in front of your television, munching on chips, undershirt up, belly out, he still thinks you're in a suit.

It's like borrowing your friend's Benz to go out on a date, so you don't have to use your '60s Beetle. Which BTW, my grandfather used to do (borrow cars), which initially made my grandmother think he was rich.

A guy who wears at work what he would wear anywhere... I like that. At least he doesn't put on a mask, like a great many people.

Dress codes are stupid.

yes, and no. it's the government's obligation to provide social services. and, whether you agree or not with binay, he HAS done a good job of providing social services in makati. even their traffic enforcement is efficient, hence i don't mind (so much) getting apprehended in makati. mahal nga lang..
    Providing social services is a nice way of getting votes. Is the elite the only ones who have the right to medical service?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Providing social services is a nice way of getting votes. Is the elite the only ones who have the right to medical service?
    exactly my point. the response kasi of some of the other posters is that walang kwenta si binay. i think it's not a coincidence that these people are rich :D

of course nakaka-asar yung mga rallies ni binay. napeperwisyo din ako niyan, coz i work and live in makati. pero it's pretty self-centered to infer from that na namemerwisyo lang si binay at wala siyang kwenta. ask any poor person in makati, i bet you they love binay. may bertdey cake pa sila on their birthday. and free movies anytime for senior citizens. oh, and free education up to college.

ironically in spite of binay's corruption, he still provides the best government services anywhere in the philippines.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One
    Dress codes are stupid.
    i don't agree .. sabi nga nila ... sloppy dress often results in sloppy work .. you have to dress appropriately for your line of work .. if you work in an office .. wear office clothes .. if you're the mayor .. wear something that reflects your office ..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Depende. Some people are more productive if they're comfortable with what they're wearing [as long as it's not too comfortable, mind you ]

Binay's statement is simply untrue, from the point of view of Makati's businessmen. Although Binay's supporter base far outnumbers them, the businessmen's taxes are the reason why he can afford to provide his outstanding government service in the first place. When these businesses transfer someplace else, let's see what will become of Binay and his initiatives.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 28th, 2005 at 07:15 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    exactly my point. the response kasi of some of the other posters is that walang kwenta si binay. i think it's not a coincidence that these people are rich :D
    IMO - why can't rich people just complain as it is? parang poor vs rich kasi lagi.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Binay's statement is simply untrue, from the point of view of Makati's businessmen. Although Binay's supporter base far outnumbers them, the businessmen's taxes are the reason why he can afford to provide his outstanding government service in the first place. When these businesses transfer someplace else, let's see what will become of Binay and his initiatives.
    my thoughts exactly.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Binay: Rallies not disruptive to Makati business