New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    50k??? ngek. That can be easily earned here.
    50K/month
    depende pa din cguro sa katayuan mo sa buhay sa Pinas

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    50k??? ngek. That can be easily earned here.
    50k for a new grad. malabo sir unless yun na nga mayaman ang parents.

when I started working, I was only P50/day above the minimum wage kasi technical ang linya ko. napakahirap ng ganito sweldo lalo na pag nagka-syota ka pa sa work mo.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If you choose to be an employee, mahirap talaga ang 50k/mo esp for a new grad (15k/mo lang ata ang starting offer, not sure).

pero there are other ways to earn naman other than being an employee. Not necessarily mayaman parents mo or may pera ka talaga. Not that being an employee is wrong in itself, limited kasi ang horizon mo sa position na ito. Yung employer mo ang yayaman.

Look at the World, the possibilities are endless.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Actually, I came from one of those 4. Pero ang rep nila pati na din ang basis for the world rankings, IMHO, ay may problema. Sakit na ata ng education sa mundo yan.

Unahin ko ang sa world rankings -- AFAIK, ang mga kasamang criteria diyan aside from physical facilities ay AREA of operations. Ang isa pa ay # of published papers ng mga faculty. Ang problema ko lang dun -- parang wala namang masyadong kinalaman yun sa pagtuturo! Yung una, ibig sabihin ay malaki ang floor space -- ni hindi ko makita ang connection sa education. Yung pangalawa, ibig sabihin prolific ang faculty mo sumulat ng papers. Wala namang sinabi kung gaano ka-importante yung mga papers na yun o kung nai-tuturo ng mahusay yung topics (kung mahusay man yung sumusulat) -- basta dami ng papers lang. Eh puro may sariling printing presses yung mga yun eh.

But my biggest beef is the most basic one. One of the top criteria for ANY ranking is a school's selectivity. In other words, if you only accept geniuses, then you are the best school. My beef with that is three-fold. First, there really are NOT that many geniuses to go around anywhere! So what kind of impact could being exclusive make in practice to the general populace? Leaders? Bah -- there's much more to leadership than intelligence.

Second, in acuality, gifted kids hardly need the resources and facilities those 4 have. Even if you leave those kids with an average but dedicated mentor, gagaling yang mga yan simply because by definition, they have the ability to learn by themselves given the slightest direction. Do they know it? No, but they will.

Third, the basis for a scheme like this is akin to making an already efficient engine even more efficient. Matalino na 'yung studyante mo, dadagdagan mo lang ng KONTING learning, presto -- a top 4 school.

IMHO, the solution to the education of the world is to focus not on being a TOP school but on being a school able to impart the MOST knowledge. Di ba mas magaling na school yung makakapagpatalino maraming below-average na tao kesa doon sa makakadagdag lang ng 5 points sa IQ ng isang genyo?

At hindi ba mas maraming makikinabang at mas malaki ang idedevelop ng bansa natin kung imbes na magpadala tayo ng 10 genyo sa abroad (na hindi naman lahat ay magbabayad ng buwis), ay gawin nating employable ang libo-libong 'stand-by' sa kanto?

In this regard, lesser-known schools who provide the MOST content for less money should have a higher ranking than those 4. It's a paradigm shift, sure -- MOST rather than TOP. But it's about time!

I know all schools put in much effort to develop loyalty. But my beef is not with any particular school nor with any specific issues IN those schools. As I mentioned, I'm from one of them and what I'm advocating is a paradigm shift. But I think it's time to open our eyes to new horizons if we're to progress further.

Peace!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hay... paano na kaming mga nag graduate na wala sa Big 4?

As if that matters after you begin working. :evillaugh

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004

1 MAPUA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Flag of us 3 1 6 4
    2 STANFORD UNIVERSITY Flag of us 8 2 3 5
    3 HARVARD UNIVERSITY Flag of us 4 3 13 1
    4 UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA BERKELEY Flag of us 2 4 4 14

Hehehehe.... Malayan na yata ito!
    Last edited by O!lman; March 3rd, 2007 at 08:46 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ay sorry, TYPO error,

pero as far as i am concerned UP is first, DLSU is second, ADMU is third and UST being the fourth

actually, wala naman talaga sa school yan, nasa tao parin yun.. shinare ko lang to, mukhang interesting eh..hehe

basta nasa tao pa rin yun

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by student_01 View Post
    ay sorry, TYPO error,

pero as far as i am concerned UP is first, DLSU is second, ADMU is third and UST being the fourth

actually, wala naman talaga sa school yan, nasa tao parin yun.. shinare ko lang to, mukhang interesting eh..hehe

basta nasa tao pa rin yun
    minsan nag yayari din may factor ang school
    lalo na kung ang head ng taga HR department ay pareho ng school ang aplikante

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Please do not get me wrong here bros and sis, as I just want to put this survey in the proper perspective.

IMHO:

First, I think the title of the thread is not reflective of what the survey should mean for all of us here.

It is not about what are the better schools in the Philippines.

It is about what the Philippines is, in the world arena. It is about how the rest of the world see our educational system and its products,- ourselves. Notwithstanding all of the biases in the survey,- this shows that the world sees our graduates today as far from being world-class. I am red-faced here, just like yourselves who think that we are.

So, I would like to encourage everyone to stop implying that his or her school is better than some or the rest, here in our country. This action only relegates us to the level of 'lowly politicians' whom most of us scorned oh so cruel in the other threads.

Instead, let's contribute our rightful share in nation building. And hopefully, our better schools will be in the top 10 in the next few decades. It's not impossible. We were at the top of the whole of Asia in the 50s, and the more successful ones today were then reeling at the bottom.

We do not owe it to ourselves. We owe it to our posterity....

God bless us all!

To borrow the late Pres. MLQ's words,- "My loyalty to my school ends, where my loyalty to our country begins"

2001:weathermanf2:
    Last edited by CVT; March 3rd, 2007 at 09:31 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by centum View Post
    1 MAPUA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Flag of us 3 1 6 4
    2 STANFORD UNIVERSITY Flag of us 8 2 3 5
    3 HARVARD UNIVERSITY Flag of us 4 3 13 1
    4 UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA BERKELEY Flag of us 2 4 4 14

Hehehehe.... Malayan na yata ito!
    hehehe, MIT nga no 1.....

kala ko talaga MAPUA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, ok lang basta MIT

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
The BIG 4 Universities here in the Philippines