New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    share ko lang

according to the 2000 Asia week Rankings and Thes rankings

there are mainly 4 schools that got into the list

The top universities in the Philippines are really those recognized internationally. I know many would not agree, but that’s reality. International research firms like THES-QS conduct valid and reliable studies. They don’t spend millions of dollars for nothing. And really, the “top universities lists” are not only based on board exams or prestige. THES – QS and most international research firms based them on RESEARCH QUALITY , GRADUATE EMPLOYABILITY, INTERNATIONAL OUTLOOK, AND TEACHING QUALITY. THES – QS short listed 15,000 of the “best” universities in the world, and come out with the top 500. In the Philippines, ONLY FOUR made it to the list (as always): 299 UP 3 DLSU 484 ADMU 500 UST, which means these universities belongs to the top 3% of the 15000 schools included in the study (which were already considered the top 15,000). And probably, these Philippine Universities already belong to the top 1% of all the universities/colleges in the world.

But there are still others who would say insults to the BIG 4. Instead of downgrading these schools and their students, just be happy that there are 4 universities in the Philippines still recognized internationally. I hate it when people say nasty things about these schools, especially DLSU, ADMU, and UST. It’s not really their student’s fault if they’ve got brains and money.

Be happy. Be thankful.

*buti nalang may nakapasok pa akala ko wala hehe, just got this from www.gov.ph and www.Pinoyexchange.com/forums- Academe section

Last edited by student_01; March 3rd, 2007 at 07:35 AM. Reason: TYPO ERROR

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Nakakahiya mang sabihin pero wala kaming perang pang-tuition sa mga well-known schools na yan nung panahon ko, dun lang ako sa libre-Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila. Galing din naman ako sa libreng public high school which is Masci.
    Last edited by the josh; March 3rd, 2007 at 09:19 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    yap those schools are just to expensive exept for UP

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by the josh View Post
    Nakakahiya mang sabihin pero wala kaming perang pang-tuition sa mga well-known schools na yan nung panahon ko, dun lang ako sa libre-Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila. Galing din naman ako sa libreng public high school which is Masci.
    I think mataas din ang standards sa PLM. You have to maintain a specific GPA, tama ba?

I also know MaSci graduates and they seem to be smart. Same thing: may screening and maganda ang training esp. sa sciences. At least that's my impression.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    buti na lang may UP! during my time dami naming mga promdi, ewan ko na lang ngayon. dami din ang walang pera, gaya ko na pamasahe lang at pambili ng blue book ang baon. salamat po sa nsdb (dost today) at kay colonel manuel filart ng sgv foundation.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by student_01 View Post
    share ko lang

according to the 2000 Asia week Rankings and Thes rankings

there are mainly 4 schools that got into the list

The top universities in the Philippines are really those recognized internationally. I know many would not agree, but that’s reality. International research firms like THES-QS conduct valid and reliable studies. They don’t spend millions of dollars for nothing. And really, the “top universities lists” are not only based on board exams or prestige. THES – QS and most international research firms based them on RESEARCH QUALITY , GRADUATE EMPLOYABILITY, INTERNATIONAL OUTLOOK, AND TEACHING QUALITY. THES – QS short listed 15,000 of the “best” universities in the world, and come out with the top 500. In the Philippines, ONLY FOUR made it to the list (as always): 299 UP 3 DLSU 484 ADMU 500 UST, which means these universities belongs to the top 3% of the 15000 schools included in the study (which were already considered the top 15,000). And probably, these Philippine Universities already belong to the top 1% of all the universities/colleges in the world.

But there are still others who would say insults to the BIG 4. Instead of downgrading these schools and their students, just be happy that there are 4 universities in the Philippines still recognized internationally. I hate it when people say nasty things about these schools, especially DLSU, ADMU, and UST. It’s not really their student’s fault if they’ve got brains and money.

Be happy. Be thankful.

*buti nalang may nakapasok pa akala ko wala hehe, just got this from www.gov.ph and www.Pinoyexchange.com/forums- Academe section

What do you mean by the underlined? You obviously belong to one of the mentioned school. Take it easy.

:viva: :gouste:
    Last edited by bunge; March 3rd, 2007 at 10:17 AM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    buti na lang may UP! during my time dami naming mga promdi, ewan ko na lang ngayon. dami din ang walang pera, gaya ko na pamasahe lang at pambili ng blue book ang baon. salamat po sa nsdb (dost today) at kay colonel manuel filart ng sgv foundation.
    Ganun parin! Mas marami pa ata akong kilalang nagbi-Bisaya eh... And strictly speaking, I'm promdi myself!

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    I think mataas din ang standards sa PLM. You have to maintain a specific GPA, tama ba?

I also know MaSci graduates and they seem to be smart. Same thing: may screening and maganda ang training esp. sa sciences. At least that's my impression.
    Yup, dapat nga imaintain mo certain GPA kung hindi ay goodbye PLM
    Sa Masci din pareho at pahirapan ding pumasok!
    Last edited by the josh; March 3rd, 2007 at 11:00 AM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Less industry/research & development here in the Philippines,- less tie up with our local universities, less government support- the lower the ranking of our dearest institutions...

Yes, they go in circles,- still the sad state of affairs in our country.

We all know who's the culprit here.....

2001:weathermanf2:

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bunge View Post
    What do you mean by the underlined? You obviously belong to one of the mentioned school. Take it easy.

:viva: :gouste:
    actually hinde po ako ang nagcomment niyan hehe

Kinuha ko lang yung facts.. sa post niya

and yet 4 lang po talaga ang nakapasok sa BIG 4 schools

UP- University of the Philippines

ADMU - Ateneo de Manila University

DLSU- De La Salle University

UST- University of Santo Tomas

and opo thomasian ako.

OFF topic: naiinis ako diyan sa may katipunan, ha, lalo na yung isang review center diyan, masyado nila dinidis criminate ang UST sa mga ADS NILA

tsk tsk tsk, very sad, kaya nagkakaroon ng Discrepancy eh

:gouste:

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
The BIG 4 Universities here in the Philippines