New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Which one would you recommend?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    what would be your purpose? office/home use?
    what will you print? estimate number of prints per day?

Quality prints i would recommend Canon
    Cost-effective prints i would recommend Epson

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Which one would you recommend?
    Hmmm, meron thread about fax machine... now, printer... baka meron photocopier next?

Personally (by experience) I prefer Canon because of the overall cost in operation. Our office is using the Canon IP1880 inkjet printer. One time, the printer itself failed (my fault), replacing it was cheap (P2500 for a whole printer) and transferring the unlimited ink system was relatively simple and quick.

If you have a high volume printing requirement, you can save money by converting it to unlimited ink system. If the heads wear out or get clogged, you can just replace the entire cartridge and it will work normally. Epsons usually have a separate head and cartridge system which means if the heads just clogged, you will need to bring the whole printer to the repair/service shop and hope they have the parts in stock (usually no and wait another week for the part to arrive).

If you aren't going to do unlimited ink system, Epsons tend to come out cheaper if you just compute the cost of ink consumables. But beware of clogged nozzles (which is avoided by using original inks) ... meaning you have to avoid much cheaper replacement ink cartridges.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; January 21st, 2009 at 10:39 AM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    tol, bakit wala sa choices mo ang HP? dahil ba sa medyo mataas ang cost ng inks nya? Tska ano purpose mo para sa printer, office use, business use (PC shop, printing business), or home/personal use?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    tol, bakit wala sa choices mo ang HP? dahil ba sa medyo mataas ang cost ng inks nya? Tska ano purpose mo para sa printer, office use, business use (PC shop, printing business), or home/personal use?
    HP inkjet printers tend to be expensive. But HP laserjet printers are okay as long as you DON'T use original toner cartridges. Use re-manufactured or have your empty cartridge refilled at a refilling shop.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Thank you for your replyies. I though it best to separate the thread for printer and fax machine.
    The printer would be for light office duty. Was thinking of buying one of those all-in-one models with scanner.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Thank you for your replyies. I though it best to separate the thread for printer and fax machine.
    The printer would be for light office duty. Was thinking of buying one of those all-in-one models with scanner.
    All-in-one models would be fine for a very small office or home use where space is limited and use is not that frequent. But I don't recommend such a device if you want long term reliability.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ah, so for light office use pala. then why not go for laser printer? suggest ko lang

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sir GH: yup, totoo ang sinasabi mo na very costly ang HP printers pero matibay naman sila. yun nga lang, ang ink, super mahal!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    sir GH: yup, totoo ang sinasabi mo na very costly ang HP printers pero matibay naman sila. yun nga lang, ang ink, super mahal!
    HP inkjet printers used to be "matibay" but the current batch of printers doesn't have any significant difference with those being sold by Canon. And given canon inkjet printers can be upgraded with unlimited ink systems, I would rather go Canon to save money from buying expensive ink cartridges. In fact, the cost of the ink system would be the same as a single black ink cartridge for the HP 800 series printer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Which is the better brand for inkjet printers, Canon or Epson?