New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    My Rockports Dressports lasts an average of 2 years. So 15 pairs in 30 years x P4,000 = P60,000. Note that the price will likely go up over time.

AE average price = P24,000. Resole/recondition every 3 years (P2,000 at Besa's) = P10,000. Total = P34,000 in 30 years. And, they feel better with age. P24-K is one-time investment.

AE also sells at Clearance and Factory-Seconds with unnoticeable defects at up to 50% off. That's between P8K - P12K + shipping costs (get them shipped to relatives in the US). Check the prices here: Men's Clearance Shoes: Allen Edmonds

I'm not an endorser of AE hehe... just found some really good pairs and want to share it. Consider too that a pair of Gucci loafers or dress shoes cost twice as much for almost the same quality.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    not sure how old is my black rockports... maybe 18 years? bought it in KL and once in a while na lang nagagamit. sobrang kintab na sya ngayon dahil praktisan ng mga housekeeping trainees para i-shine.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by econocar View Post
    My Rockports Dressports lasts an average of 2 years. So 15 pairs in 30 years x P4,000 = P60,000. Note that the price will likely go up over time.

AE average price = P24,000. Resole/recondition every 3 years (P2,000 at Besa's) = P10,000. Total = P34,000 in 30 years. And, they feel better with age. P24-K is one-time investment.

AE also sells at Clearance and Factory-Seconds with unnoticeable defects at up to 50% off. That's between P8K - P12K + shipping costs (get them shipped to relatives in the US). Check the prices here: Men's Clearance Shoes: Allen Edmonds

I'm not an endorser of AE hehe... just found some really good pairs and want to share it. Consider too that a pair of Gucci loafers or dress shoes cost twice as much for almost the same quality.
    My rockports last mga 4-5 years.

I guess kung may pera ka rin lang you may buy 20K shoes na full grain or 30K plus for shell cordovan leather. Mas maganda nga naman. Ages well in time.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    not sure how old is my black rockports... maybe 18 years? bought it in KL and once in a while na lang nagagamit. sobrang kintab na sya ngayon dahil praktisan ng mga housekeeping trainees para i-shine.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Those must be from the old days when Rockport still made shoes the traditional way. They've changed from then (changing ownership several times). Today, they're all cemented (glued) styles like most brands. Cemented shoes are not easy to fix one you've worn the soles. Even Florsheim - I think only the Imperial line are welted.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Those must be from the old days when Rockport still made shoes the traditional way. They've changed from then (changing ownership several times). Today, they're all cemented (glued) styles like most brands. Cemented shoes are not easy to fix one you've worn the soles. Even Florsheim - I think only the Imperial line are welted.
    maybe yes coz its sole is still okay. my ecco and bonia leather shoes were not as durable as my aging rockport pair

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    once they start speaking foreign tongue, you can't glue them back and expect the glue to hold for a decent period of time anymore.
    when my favorite pair opened up, after several glue attempts, pinatahi ko sa sapatero.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011