New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ bagsak na agad yan sa klase ko.

Quote Originally Posted by desert fox View Post
    OT: mabuti di nag-close open sa harapan nyo mga estudyante nyong babae...then wala palang saplot....

yikes, scorpio nights 3 na yan bro DF. Katakot.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    sa na experience ko, pag dito ka mag hanap ng work sa manila, mostly hinahanap nila mga may pangalang schools, .. mapua, ust , up.katakot takot na exam at compitensya makasalubong mo sa isang posisyon... but hindi namn lahat ng nag aaral sa mga school na yan ay nakakapasa ng bord exam on first try, so nasa person parin nakasalalay pagiging magaling na engineer...
    pag sa labas ka naman mag work, baliwala na kung saang school ka graduate... completo ka lang sa requirements at pasok sa criteriang hinahanap nila. puedi ka.... so any school producing passers on board exam are good,, nasa diskarte na lang ng studyante nakasalalay future nya after sa school..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gambit1978 View Post
    sa na experience ko, pag dito ka mag hanap ng work sa manila, mostly hinahanap nila mga may pangalang schools, .. mapua, ust , up.katakot takot na exam at compitensya makasalubong mo sa isang posisyon... but hindi namn lahat ng nag aaral sa mga school na yan ay nakakapasa ng bord exam on first try, so nasa person parin nakasalalay pagiging magaling na engineer...
    pag sa labas ka naman mag work, baliwala na kung saang school ka graduate... completo ka lang sa requirements at pasok sa criteriang hinahanap nila. puedi ka.... so any school producing passers on board exam are good,, nasa diskarte na lang ng studyante nakasalalay future nya after sa school..
    yan kagandahan ng may titulo ang kursong kinukuha, sa Board Exam na lang magkakaalaman diba.

Then diskarte at tiyaga at lakas ng loob! amen.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gambit1978 View Post
    Basta pag sa labas yan ang batayan 'ika nga hanggang saan yun skills mo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    yan kagandahan ng may titulo ang kursong kinukuha, sa Board Exam na lang magkakaalaman diba.

Then diskarte at tiyaga at lakas ng loob! amen.
    Chief, sama mo na rin yung kasabihan na "nasa guhit ng balls ang lahat"

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shakatak70 View Post
    Basta pag sa labas yan ang batayan 'ika nga hanggang saan yun skills mo.

Chief, sama mo na rin yung kasabihan na "nasa guhit ng balls ang lahat"
    hehe, puwede chief.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Ako sa college, right after graduation din. Requirement sa school namin eh. Parang giving back to the community. Hirap nga yan bro, bata pa kasi tayo, mainit pa at siyempre, macho pa.
    Nagturo din ako pagkagraduate habang nagrereview para sa board exam. Ayos din naman daming tukso, nung nakapasa ako sa board lumipat na ako sa manufacturing firm mas marami palang tukso... description ko nga sa asawa ko para akong lumalangoy sa babae, sagot sa akin wag ka lang papalunod kundi itutuluyan kita.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    Nagturo din ako pagkagraduate habang nagrereview para sa board exam. Ayos din naman daming tukso, nung nakapasa ako sa board lumipat na ako sa manufacturing firm mas marami palang tukso... description ko nga sa asawa ko para akong lumalangoy sa babae, sagot sa akin wag ka lang papalunod kundi itutuluyan kita.
    Haha ayus yan ah. Buti mabait si esmi mo at hindi agad nagalit or nagselos.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post
    Mapua is also one of my options. i hear DLSU is on the edge because of their latest machinery and equipment? and also some companies hire DLSU-graduate engineers only for their familiarity of the latest equipment. how about UP? ano masabi nyo sa UP?

im thinking i would take the entrance exam ng UP here this year kasi inooffer naman ata dito.. and kung pumasa (or if i make up my mind kung saang school) dun na ako mag 2nd year..
    UP Engg grad ako (batch 86, tagal na).

What I know is that the UPCAT is offered only to graduating high school students. If you are already enrolled in a university/college then you will no longer be eligible to take the entrance test. The rule that will apply in your case will be the one that governs transferees.

AFAIK, the requirement to be able to transfer from another university to a UP quota course (engineering is one of those "quota" courses, as are comp sci, medicine, accounting, chemistry, etc.) is a grade average of 1.50 with no grade lower than 2.00. They may even raise that depending of from where you had been previously enrolled. For other courses (non-quota) the required average is 2.0 with no grade lower than 2.50. I may be wrong as those rules were when I was still a student there in the 1980s, but unless UP has lowered its standards (highly unlikely!) then I believe those rules will still be the same.

As for being the best, well... there were only 24 in my batch of mechanical engineer graduates (from an original class of 70). all of us passed the board on the first try. as for work later, our experience does not count. 1986 was a very bad year to graduate, magna cum laudes could not even find decent jobs during that time.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I only read up to page 2 when I replied earlier, you changed your mind na pala and will stay where you are due to your scholarship.

Why not still try to transfer to UP if your grades are good enough to transfer? There are several scholarships available there. Also if you get accepted to UP you are an instant scholar. If the income of both your parents are within the cut off (di ko sure but i heard last year it was 350k/year yata) you get full scholarship plus monthly allowance. inquire first to UP as the rules may have changed. but of course you must maintain a certain average and with no failing grades.

as for the scholarship, as you know it depends on the grades you get. you must be very very good to be able to graduate from UP engineering and have no failing grade. sabi ko nga in my 1st reply, there were originally 70 of us in our batch and only 24 graduated. the others were either pruned (not allowed to enter the college after their 1st 2 years), kicked out from the college or simply gave up and shifted to another college/course when they figured that they will not have the grade average to be given a diploma anyway (since one needs a GPA of 2.70 to get a diploma from the college of engineering). di kita tinatakot, i'm just giving it to you as it is.

so my advice is, study hard to get the grade average required, then see if you qualify for any scholarship. if you are able to do both then that is the time for you to decide if you really want to stay there or transfer to UP.

p.s., don't ask me if i was that good, I WAS NOT. i played mahjong, pusoy and billiards the whole day, cut classes, came to class drunk (especially during exams) and took all of 6 years to finish my degree.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post

so my advice is, study hard to get the grade average required, then see if you qualify for any scholarship. if you are able to do both then that is the time for you to decide if you really want to stay there or transfer to UP.

p.s., don't ask me if i was that good, I WAS NOT. i played mahjong, pusoy and billiards the whole day, cut classes, came to class drunk (especially during exams) and took all of 6 years to finish my degree.
    But look where bro.yebo is right now,- iba talaga ang graduate ng Engineering and UP at that.....

Hindi ko na babanggitin ang 'iba' pa niyang kuwento...

13.5K:handinhand:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Best Engineering school?