New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Hina niyan bro. Since the fan operates on low/auto mode most of the time, hina din ng air volume. If you put it on high naman, maingay.

But pansin ko now because of the circulation of the purifier, I don't need my electric fan as much. Might also be that the weather now is cooler than summer.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Ah. Sayang. That shoots down that idea.

This is my room air purifier. Apart from the ionizer, pretty low tech in comparison to the Xiaomis. I also have the older version running in the office.

I just like the form factor and simplicity of it. My old one is 3 years old. Hopefully it will last a few more years. Maybe when one of them conks out I'll try a Xiaomi.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Ah. Sayang. That shoots down that idea.

This is my room air purifier. Apart from the ionizer, pretty low tech in comparison to the Xiaomis. I also have the older version running in the office.

I just like the form factor and simplicity of it. My old one is 3 years old. Hopefully it will last a few more years. Maybe when one of them conks out I'll try a Xiaomi.
    Thought of getting one of those Sharp FP-J30 purifiers for my room also bro, kaso medyo bulky din pala siya, almost same footprint as the Xiaomi, lower height lang but chubbier. Reviews on Lazada are positive naman for that, although when I dug deeper on the effectiveness of the Plasmacluster feature parang more marketing siya than an actual gamechanger. But even without it, the built-in HEPA filter actually does a good job already.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Thought of getting one of those Sharp FP-J30 purifiers for my room also bro, kaso medyo bulky din pala siya, almost same footprint as the Xiaomi, lower height lang but chubbier. Reviews on Lazada are positive naman for that, although when I dug deeper on the effectiveness of the Plasmacluster feature parang more marketing siya than an actual gamechanger. But even without it, the built-in HEPA filter actually does a good job already.

I think you made a good choice with the Xiaomi bro. A lot more feature packed. Plenty of choices for replacement filters that are readily available and relatively cheap. Would you believe the replacement filters of these basic Sharp units cost as much as the original ones? And the original ones are never available. I just bet on the durability of this dinosaur. With complexity comes more potential points of failure. As you can see in the other thread I don't even have much luck even with simple appliances like fans. Have to extend the lifespan of all the appliances I can. These are hard times hehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For xiaomi air purifiers

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Where do you guys buy your replacement filters? Sharp Ph is always out of stock. Are there any RoHS compliant ones?

Lots of no name sellers but in case they emit VOCs it kinda defeats the purpose of having a purifier.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Where do you guys buy your replacement filters? Sharp Ph is always out of stock. Are there any RoHS compliant ones?

Lots of no name sellers but in case they emit VOCs it kinda defeats the purpose of having a purifier.
    Try filtrete by 3m. Not sure if it will fit though.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Try filtrete by 3m. Not sure if it will fit though.
    Filtrete is a cut to fit prefilter bro. Not a HEPA filter. Was actually using that in our AC before but decided it was too expensive as you have to replace it frequently. It's actually quite effective. The electrostatic charge probably has something to do with it.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Almost 12months used carbon filter...
    Old vs new... hindi pa nag error pero ang dumi na rin...
    Siguro nasa lungs ko na yan if wala itong air purifier...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Planning to get a Xiaomi 3H ... is it still good? ...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Planning to get a Xiaomi 3H ... is it still good? ...
    Yes.

Have had it for over 6 months now. Very effective in reducing my wife’s allergic rhinitis. Helps quickly remove smoke smells as well from cooking.

Have already replaced the filter once, 1.3k lang from Lazada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast