The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    So ito'y fiction lang at hindi totoo?

Langya............

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Luma man ito o bago, sana may mga gahamang politikong makabasa nito, baka magbabago ang pananaw nila sa buhay at di lang pagpapayaman ang nasa isip.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    With all the blessings that life has given me, I really have a big heart when it comes to the less fortunate especially kids.

Before, I love giving out big and grand birthday bashes during my birthday until i was 27... (naku nabubuko ang age ko ah! Hehehhe) But I then realized that instead of wasting my money with just a one day event, why not just donate my money or buy things with it for charity. Usually, I ask the institution kung ano ang mga kailangan nila. I try to avoid giving cash kase hindi mo naman alam kung san kase minsan napupunta. Then ako na rin ang namimili ng mga stuff and give it to them personally.

Its been how many years now that I have been doing outreach programs during my birthday and I have helped a lot of institutions and not to mention, going to the depressed areas to be of service to the poor! I usually donate my time and effort to the institutions that are not the "known" ones kase marami nang nagdodonate dun sa mga kilalang institusyon. Yung mga tinutulungan ko yung mga institutions na hind masyading napapansin. Pero I donated a house in Gawad Kalinga but helped naman in building that house in Mindoro together with the other volunteers.

Nakakataba ng puso pag alam mong na share mo ang blessings mo. Nakaka touch din ang mga batang lalapit sayo at yayakapin ka at sasabihing, "Maraming salamat ate! Napasaya mo araw namin!" Naiiyak ako when I look at the pictures of my personal outreach programs with the poor over the years. Ang dami ko na rin palang natulungan.

Maganda talaga mag outreach lalu na malapit na ang Pasko. Siguro planuhin natin itong mabuti. We can start by sorting out old clothes, toys, books, etc. We can also try donating toiletries such as shampoos, tissue, cotton swabs, cotton rolls, diapers, & even medicine kung me mga doctor dito then, maybe we can ask Tsikot to help us in collecting these stuff and putting it in a warehouse or a dropping center. Mas madali na kase ipamigay kapag naka sort na. What do you think?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d View Post
    Sana may paraan na magdonate ang tsikot sa ganito, kahit laruan or mga bagay na magagamit nila pang school...

honga. parang fund raising.
    why not donate all our t-cashes tapos gawin natin ito? hindi for these three kids, but for every unfortunate kid in the streets of metro manila?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    DSWD dapat ang unag lapitan ng mga nakakakilala sa mga ganito... hindi masamang tulungan natin sila pero hanggang saan?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Guys, di ko rin alam kung kelan nailabas at kung sino ang author but for me di na mahalaga yun, ang mahalaga e magsilbing aral o panggising sa ating mas mapalad kesa sa mga katulad ng nasa sulat.

anyway, marami naman ang kagaya nila, iba-ibang version lang. mapa-Luzon, Visayas man o Mindanao maraming katulad nila.

Government?

Politicians?

Mas ok pa ang Kapuso Foundation of GMA, tyak makakarating sa dapat matulungan ang mga donations.

If ever man na mag organize ang Tsikot for these kids, i'd suggest na rektang iabot sa kanila.

Me to start? Sorry po but wala po akong kakayanan but if you guys get serious then you can count on support.

God Bless us all esp the children.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Bow po ako sa inyo, talagang hats-off ako.

Pangarap din namin ng wife ko yan kaso lang sa ngayon can't afford pa kami kase 2 kids namin e nasa elementary pa kaya panama lang din ang kita. what we do na lang, inuuna namin ang mga pamangkin namin na medyo kapos, family first 'ika nga. hard to sleep without sharing our blessings (kahit paunti-unti) to the needy.

Baka pwedeng kayo ang mag lead, ma'am? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    With all the blessings that life has given me, I really have a big heart when it comes to the less fortunate especially kids.

Before, I love giving out big and grand birthday bashes during my birthday until i was 27... (naku nabubuko ang age ko ah! Hehehhe) But I then realized that instead of wasting my money with just a one day event, why not just donate my money or buy things with it for charity. Usually, I ask the institution kung ano ang mga kailangan nila. I try to avoid giving cash kase hindi mo naman alam kung san kase minsan napupunta. Then ako na rin ang namimili ng mga stuff and give it to them personally.

Its been how many years now that I have been doing outreach programs during my birthday and I have helped a lot of institutions and not to mention, going to the depressed areas to be of service to the poor! I usually donate my time and effort to the institutions that are not the "known" ones kase marami nang nagdodonate dun sa mga kilalang institusyon. Yung mga tinutulungan ko yung mga institutions na hind masyading napapansin. Pero I donated a house in Gawad Kalinga but helped naman in building that house in Mindoro together with the other volunteers.

Nakakataba ng puso pag alam mong na share mo ang blessings mo. Nakaka touch din ang mga batang lalapit sayo at yayakapin ka at sasabihing, "Maraming salamat ate! Napasaya mo araw namin!" Naiiyak ako when I look at the pictures of my personal outreach programs with the poor over the years. Ang dami ko na rin palang natulungan.

Maganda talaga mag outreach lalu na malapit na ang Pasko. Siguro planuhin natin itong mabuti. We can start by sorting out old clothes, toys, books, etc. We can also try donating toiletries such as shampoos, tissue, cotton swabs, cotton rolls, diapers, & even medicine kung me mga doctor dito then, maybe we can ask Tsikot to help us in collecting these stuff and putting it in a warehouse or a dropping center. Mas madali na kase ipamigay kapag naka sort na. What do you think?

8. FrankDrebin Guest
    For me, hindi na kailangan pang magtayo ng group, pumunta pa sa govt or charitable agencies, etc. On the spot na dapat, tulungan na kung bukal talaga sa kalooban ninyo.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ***edit***
    Akala ko si praktikal talaga ang nakakita sa mga bata... Anyway, I still hope that I can do something to help these kids.

praktikal,

I hope you will see them again soon... If you do, can you please do me a favor? I would like to know their names and where they live. My mother's family is from Cebu and I want to help these kids. I'm sure my aunt will do something about it once I tell her their situation. We have this teenage girl who goes to our house there every afternoon (we let her buy softdrinks or other things at the store only when we need it) because my aunt saw her in the streets doing the same thing the kids do and my aunt wanted her to have time to study (we also give her money at the end of the day before she goes home). I'm sure that after my aunt learns about these kids, especially with the older brother being an honor student, she will do anything to help them out. I'm also going to send her money to help out with their father's medical needs and things that they will need for school as well.
    Last edited by dazedchiq; September 27th, 2007 at 04:45 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Not to take anything away from the threadstarter, but I'm quite doubtful if the story is true. There are dozens of similar stories out there circulating in the net, and honestly, it has become hard to distinguish fact from fiction.

Sorry peeps for being a devil's advocate or too cynical. I mean no offense. I also try to help out street kids in my own little way.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
The Basureros