New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by need4speed
    oh yeah, i forgot to mention...

if you do decide to buy in the Phil instead for the Phil. warranty, then I must warn you that Nikon support by Columbia isn't exactly heaven sent... i know of or have heard of a lot of photographers in other forums of their experiences and how turned off they are with support by Columbia.

Canon Phil warranty on the other hand is waayyy better. So the choice is up to you...
    I agree. Here's the link to that Nikon advocacy: http://www.themassif.com/2004_10.php

By the way someone mentioned 8Megapixel is overkill. For taking fun shots and souvenirs, yes. But I believe it all depend on your purpose. For example, an advertising outfit who took set photos of our equipment used an 8MP Canon camera for review purposes only.

When it came to taking the "money shots" they used their large-format Hasselblad with an 18Megapixel digital camera back. They said digital camera backs can be fitted to most conventional SLRs with some modifications. I've also read somewhere that the good old 35mm film resolution is superior to digital resolution up to about 12megapixel.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just for reference, i purchased a Canon 350D kit for about P60,700 from a electronics/PC fair in KL last weekend. the package includes a free battery grip and a 1GB compact flash.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrox
    just for reference, i purchased a Canon 350D kit for about P60,700 from a electronics/PC fair in KL last weekend. the package includes a free battery grip and a 1GB compact flash.
    wakanga! w/ battery grip na? hmm.. ang quote sa akin dito ng battery grip is about 6,000.. then last time na bili ko ng 1gb na sd card eh.. about 4,300... considering na 51,000 ang presyong bigay sa akin sa 350D... mura nga yan by about 500... try ko pa baratin yung kaibigan ko..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    dont you guys find the 350D on the lighter side? masyadong magaan compared to Nikons D70. I was set to get the 350D, pero after checking both of them out, Im having second thoughts . also, does it not bother you that the mono LCD is not on top? I find it easier to setup your settings with the turn of the dial.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im back!! hehe

di na ako bumili ng camera dun, price difference is negligible for the camera compared to manila (the lowest I found for a 350D kit was 6,680 HK$ = ~P49,200; body only was 6,100 HK = P45,000), although that came with a 2-year Hong Kong warranty.

But the prices for lenses and accesories were significantly lower, and lower risk din naman yung lenses and accesories in general compared to a camera body... so I went ahead and got an ultra-wide 10-22 canon EF-S hehe... plus a canon speedlight, yung 420EX lang, masyadong mahal na yung 580EX, not worth it.

I looked at a NIkon D70s, mas sulit actually, I was planning to get a Tokina 12-24 + a Nikon 24-120 VR + SB-800 with that, pero sobrang laki at bigat nung D70s with those lenses for my purposes. plus, i'll miss the wide angle. tamang tama lang para sa akin yung size ng 350D hehe, especially with the 17-85 IS lens attached. medyo puny nga kung yung 18-55 kit lens, but with a bigger lens, I found it much more comfortable to handle. i dont really mind the menu-driven controls on the 350D, madali lang naman makasanayan yan hehe.

Hanap ako ng 350D and 17-85 IS lens in the next few days hehe, di na ako kumuha ng 17-85 lens sa HK kasi may mga reklamo about bad copies of this lens, so better to buy from a local store

thanks everyone!

veed, hmm sayang, won't be able to use the EF-S lenses on a 10D hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bumili rin pala ako ng tripod hehe... unbeatable prices at alpui street, sham shui po for really great ones (gitzo, velbon, manfrotto...)

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    mbt, you forgot one more lens; the Canon EF 50mm F/1.8II

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Bakit sobrang mahal ng Canon products dito?