1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    FACEBOOK LINK: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bakit...608343?sk=wall

----------------------------------------------------

[SIZE=4]Photogs protest restrictions on shooting Rizal monument[/SIZE]
    By Jeannette I. Andrade
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    12:37 pm | Friday, November 11th, 2011

[SIZE=1]Photographers raise their cameras in front of Dr. Jose Rizal Monument in Manila Friday to protest a “no-photo shooting” policy in front of the monument. NINO JESUS ORBETA/INQUIRER[/SIZE]

MANILA, Philippines—Some 100 amateur and professional photographers staged a “photo-walk” Friday morning to dramatize their protest of what they alleged was discrimination against Filipinos taking pictures of the Rizal monument at Manila’s Rizal Park or Luneta.

The newly formed group Bawal Mag-Shoot Dito (BMSD) is an organization of camera enthusiasts who found a common pet-peeve: overzealous security guards preventing them from taking pictures of the Rizal monument.

Bernard Mejias, a spokesman for the group who has been into professional photography for 20 years, told the Inquirer that the BMSD only seeks to ask why local photographers are banned from shooting the Rizal monument while foreigners are not.

“Isn’t that a double standard?” he pointed out, adding that it was ridiculous that he and other photographers who pay taxes cannot shoot at a public place.....

Click the link to continue: "Bakit Bawal ako mag Photoshoot sa bansa ko"

LINK: "Bakit Bawal ako mag Photoshoot sa bansa ko"
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 12th, 2011 at 07:16 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Modus Operandi yan. They'll say you have to get a "permit" and a corresponding "fee" which will end up in their pockets instead of the Parks coffers. Same everywhere in this rotten-to-the-core bureaucracy.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kotongerong gobyerno! .... as usual

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    as per luneta management, para sa mga commercial photographers lang daw yung sisingilin ng fee. pero kung casual picture taking lang, wala raw problema. yun daw "comm. photogs" eh, yung may dalang mga tripods at studio equipts/lights na, & earning from that photoshoot.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/92475/p...%E2%80%99-rule

this was a big discussion also at Dig. Photographers of the Phils. (DPP).
    dami galit.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bull****. How do they know who's professional and not?

Just because I don't have a tripod doesn't mean I'm not taking a "professional" shot.

Same thing at the malls. You show up with a big lens or even a medium sized DSLR and the mall cops go ape on your ass. Carry a 12+ megapixel compact with a zoom lens more powerful than most entry-level DSLR kit lenses? No problem!

It's not for security to decide who's "commercial" or not. They don't know the back end of a camera from the front end.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    as per luneta management, para sa mga commercial photographers lang daw yung sisingilin ng fee. pero kung casual picture taking lang, wala raw problema. yun daw "comm. photogs" eh, yung may dalang mga tripods at studio equipts/lights na, & earning from that photoshoot.

Photographers snap at Rizal Park execs for

this was a big discussion also at Dig. Photographers of the Phils. (DPP).
    dami galit.
    Oo dami ngang galit. Kakatapos ko lang nga mabasa yun buong thread sa DPP at nagcomment na rin ako dun. Ang pinagtataka ko lang, TRIPOD = BAWAL?! Eh kelangan nga tripod para mas stable ang shot mo tsaka pang hampas sa mga loko loko dun eh.

Since I'm also a photographer, I'm calling out all tsikot photographers na sana, suportahan ninyo ang advocacy na ito. Hindi lang naman ito para sa atin bilang photographers, kundi para na rin sa bansa natin. Para maipakita natin kung anong ganda ang meron dito sa Pilipinas.

Sana hindi dito natatapos ang ginagawa nila. Sana isunod nila ang Ayala at ang Makati area.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Bull****. How do they know who's professional and not?

Just because I don't have a tripod doesn't mean I'm not taking a "professional" shot.

Same thing at the malls. You show up with a big lens or even a medium sized DSLR and the mall cops go ape on your ass. Carry a 12+ megapixel compact with a zoom lens more powerful than most entry-level DSLR kit lenses? No problem!

It's not for security to decide who's "commercial" or not. They don't know the back end of a camera from the front end.

Sounds like you were describing my digicam, eh? hehehe

But, yes, how did security guys know if you are taking pictures for commercial or personal use? Especially with today's popularity of DSLR cameras, you cannot anymore go with the camera size to determine it's intended use.

Tripod determines commercial or personal use? LOL... so if I bring my point&shoot with a tripod, I am already a commercial photo-guy? Sounds suspiciously like how traffic cops determine if a car was "swerving" or just changing lanes.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sounds like it'll be fun. Bring a giant, 20 pound tripod and put an iPhone on top of it to piss the guards off.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bakit nga ba????

14.4K:out:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvPxZTotwaE&]Bawal Mag Shoot Dito - YouTube[/ame]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
"Bakit Bawal ako mag Photoshoot sa bansa ko"