New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    To those that are saying that the typhoon was not a threat to the Summit... maybe you should have tried flying to the Visayas area during that time. My dad who was in Samar at that time was saying that the rain & wind is quite strong back there. I was also in a flight from Malaysia to Manila a few days before and the turbulence encountered by our aircraft was really BAD.

Now, would you risk the lives of several heads of states over a summit?

===

Btw, All ASEAN country leaders have already committed their attendance to the rescheduled summit.

===

Its funny that it seems that the only ones sourgrouping about the cancellation are those that will not be attending the summit in the first place. :rofl:
    I agree...

I don't know why people (yes, Pinoys included) should inject other reasons for the postponement.. Shouldn't we just stand up and unite as one and say that it was due to the WEATHER? If ever there were other reasons, perhaps, we should have help our government in one way or the other. After all, it's our pride that's at stake. Even pagasa can't predict 100% the actual path of a typhoon.

To be branded as a "coward" by other countries for giving in to the terror threat is not something to be amused at.

People (and Japan) should have raised a howl if the summit was postponed due to a typhoon coming in June of next year. Iniintriga pa niyo pinas eh ang dami na ngang problema..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thing is, there should always be a Plan B insofar as venues for these international summits are concerned. Let's face it, the government botched this thing because they either feared bad weather or bad political fallout brought about by the Chacha issue.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i studied in Cebu for 6yrs during my elementary days, and i can attest to the fact na the visayas region is very very prone to typhoons, there would be numerous days in a year where classes would be suspended due to typhoon. very typhoon prone ang cebu.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    It was really a bad move by the Philippines to cancel the Summit. The excuses are lame, IMO.

However, take note that our Asian neighbors, like China, HongKong, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia in their local dailies, would almost always publish bad news about their neighbors, specifically the Philippines. I always see these bad news about our country in my trips to these countries, nasa headline pa!

It looks like they're doing it so that they can attract foreign investments in their countries, not in their neighbors.

:starwars:

kaya nga taka ako kumbakit ni-lilimit lang crab mentality sa'tin. I believe all Asians have this "disease".

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    better safe than sorry.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    better safe than sorry.
    Hmmm... if it was really the typhoon (which I am half-inclined to believe... we've been hit pretty hard here in the south these past few months), I suppose.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ironically, Cebu was spared. heard over the radio from Cebu-based reporters during that weekend that "Cancelled ang Bagyo, Tuloy ang Summit!"

much as you would want to give the organizers the benefit of the doubt of blaming the postponement entirely on the storm, there being many other not-so-far-fetched reasons hovering in the wings makes you wonder why they really postponed the summit.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Weather-weather lang yan :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Weather-weather lang yan :D
    Maswerti at stormy weather nun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12