New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Noong una kala ko fad din, same reaction with some guys here, I'd rather bring the more powerful laptop when I need it, but when I borrowed my kumander's ipad while she was doing her rounds sa mall, and me having coffee nalang. I became a convert. Sa liit nun at handiness, can browse the internet, check emails, log in to tsikot, read books, magazines, play games, although not Black ops type of games but fun nevertheless, to kill time kumbaga.

I think it's like the CRV's and Rav4's of yesteryears, dati naririnig natin nung bagong labas yung mga yun, bat ako bibili ng ganyan e di mag papajero nalang ako o patrol kung gusto ng mataas ng auto or mag sesedan na lang ako kung gusto ko ng magandang ride at hindi matagtag. We all know what happened next.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    All Great products start first as a Niche. Look at the 1st Gen IPOD. Only the Apple fanatics heard of it, and the sales were tiny.

But when the 2nd Gen came allowing Windows users to tap iTunes, it hit a Critical Mass.

The rest was History.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    the netbook is dead bec. it's running a slow processor but need to run a full-blown operating system with 3rd party driver supports

the tablets will take over bec. it's a refreshing new system with dual core cpus made specifically for mobile computing and OSes that support mobile computing

plus the keyboard manufacture of netbooks is extra overhead cost

tablets just incorporate capacitive input with the existing display screen technology, may keyboard ka pa din.

in the future, it will be tablet for mobile, and 14" laptop for desktop for every sophisticated worker

===

though Honeycomb can be the OS killer, i still believe it wouldn't be. Microsofts Windows Phone 7 will just be adjusted to the tablets and then convergence will start. why?

lahat ng existing networks ngaun sa client side are running Windows NT, Windows Server, Enterprise etc. etc. therefore mas madali i-incorporate sa upcoming Windows Mobile OS just like what happened to PC.

Google will be dead in the next three years if they don't adjust their search engines. Microsoft's Bing is close to Semantic Web na and Yahoo is supporting the technology. magugulat na lang talaga lahat, and it will still be Bill Gates na naman.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    to those who don't understand semantic web or the personalized web just watch this catchy windows phone 7 commercial

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr_n-aoohoI"]YouTube - Airport Really | New Windows Phone Ad[/ame]

so what's difference here. MS claims that Bing will know what really is what you're searching for.

for example, the lady in the ad got a delayed flight. all she does is talk to her windows phone with the world "airport hotel". and MS's bing suggest the nearby airport hotels.

if the lady behind for example uses an Iphone or an Android and googles for airport hotel. all she will get is a list of airport hotels (depending on pagerank system of google) from Amerika to Timbuktu. no personalization, not filtered accdg. to her present situation.

while bing knows the first lady position (thru gps or wathever tracking system incorporated with bing and bing maps), as well as her preferences bec. the next world wide web will be AI - like. the search engine will have an idea on who you are

===

coincidentally, ive been looking at the source codes of my Facebook pages. it seems that Zuckerberg is deadset on applying semantic web that's why FB is a cut above the rest. maganda ang programming nya with his own FML (Facebook Markup Language)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    MS advocate are we?

if the lady behind for example uses an Iphone or an Android and googles for airport hotel. all she will get is a list of airport hotels (depending on pagerank system of google) from Amerika to Timbuktu. no personalization, not filtered accdg. to her present situation.

while bing knows the first lady position (thru gps or wathever tracking system incorporated with bing and bing maps)
    errmmmm... that's not right. localized na yung search results ng google. been that way for a while now. they can already track (roughly) your position via your ip address. gps tracking is only reliable if you're outdoors; plus, you have to enable gps on your mobile device. paano pag naka off, same universal search results just like everybody else harharhar.

the next world wide web will be AI - like. the search engine will have an idea on who you are
    scary. can you say "skynet"?
    Last edited by roninblade; January 21st, 2011 at 05:54 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

They're entry level units to the next jump in technology and user-interface....

12K:boom:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaboot View Post
    while bing knows the first lady position (thru gps or wathever tracking system incorporated with bing and bing maps), as well as her preferences bec. the next world wide web will be AI - like. the search engine will have an idea on who you are

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    IPAD = IFAD

iba siya netbook or laptop padin ako..i own one.. good for games lang and browsing the net.. pero making your projects etc.. di maganda di mo maconnect sa projectors for reports etc.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    As for me, parang fad nga lang siya kasi you can do naman with a netbook di ba? Mas convenient lang talaga gamitin ang iPad during meetings and taking down notes. Kung ako lang, I won't buy one, pero kung mapapanalunan ko siya sa mga contests na nakikita ko all over the web, eh di okay, di naman ako hypocrite. Hehehe. Oh, speaking of contests, BPI has a raffle promo, it's BPI Open 24/7 wherein they are giving away iPad, iPhone4 and Honda City. Try natin baka suwertehin. Hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin3000 View Post
    IPAD = IFAD

iba siya netbook or laptop padin ako..i own one.. good for games lang and browsing the net.. pero making your projects etc.. di maganda di mo maconnect sa projectors for reports etc.
    The iPad was really meant for content consumers, as opposed to content creators... although it could be used for some simple/minor content creation.

Sales/marketing people can easily click a button and their presentation is immediately seen... no need for unwieldy power up... even hibernate is no match for the iPad's instant-on capability.

As someone who loves reading before going to sleep, I find the iPad so convenient to hold in bed as opposed to having a ThinkPad plunked on my abdomen...

Don't get me wrong. I'm a software architect by vocation and need a monster of a machine to do my work (multiple VMs to host web, app, DB, and messaging severs); I swear by the ThinkPad (and sometimes Alienware). But the iPad does have real, practical benefits that will make it transcend being a mere fad.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Are the Apple Ipad and other tablets only a fad?