New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    Tanong lang po sa mga nag-invest sa UITF, bakit parang pababa nanaman. Ano po kaya ang dahilan. Salamat po.
    in my experience, uitf is actually meant for the affluent investors or those with unbridled funds, who are willing to AND capable of absorbing losses as much as gains. they are pretty much like putting your money in stocks but with a certain twist.. the twist goes into the guidelines approved by each trust committee resulting to a wide range of portfolio combination where the pooled funds are to be invested and intended for different types of investors; from those who are considered "risk tolerant" to those who are "risk averse"..

i said, like stocks, because it is technically recommended that you put your money for the long haul because it is in the long term that you usually reap the "expected" gains in this kind of investment (e.g. when companies declare dividends, RTBs coupon earnings, etc.) while it is during those "speculative" short term fluctuations that a lot of players either hit it big or get burned.:seesaw:

my :twocents: po
    Last edited by slamtaz; November 23rd, 2006 at 12:36 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmmm...t-bill rats influence uitf rates? afaik, depende sa specific uitf product yan -- some uitfs invest in bonds, some in real estate, equities, money market, or a combination thereof. i'd expect their performance to depend on the specific investment portfolios each uitf product has.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I've invested with UITF na din and so far hindi pa naman ako nalugi. Just last month pumasok ako sa equity and in just 1 month kumita ako ng 10 per unit. Just a tip, pag bumababa siya its the best time to go in kasi surely tataas agad yan.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mulder View Post
    I've invested with UITF na din and so far hindi pa naman ako nalugi. Just last month pumasok ako sa equity and in just 1 month kumita ako ng 10 per unit.
    sir mulder, how i wish that uitf's are that simple.. you may have timed it right at the tip of the short-term fluctuation which i believe is more like a "speculative spike" as compared to the long term market trend which could very well be "realistically indicative".. just would like to give you the heads-up and not meant to discourage you..
    Just a tip, pag bumababa siya its the best time to go in kasi surely tataas agad yan.
    pasensya na po uli sir, pero ganu kababa ang mababa? although it's fair to say that the only way to go when you're down at the cellar is up.. i'm afraid, that uitf's are not like coil springs that you'll rebound right away. unlike bandwidths too which have fixed lowest and highest levels, uitf's are bound by market events, which at best, can only be projected. the historical lows or highs of uitf's can only be used as a reference of performance but not as a yardstick for things to come..

Last edited by slamtaz; November 26th, 2006 at 08:18 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Any kind of investment, especially in the stock market and even if managed by fund/investment managers, must be long-term. Else, you will just be frustrated/elated by the the short-term results.

My 2 cents.

:starwars:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by slamtaz View Post
    sir mulder, how i wish that uitf's are that simple.. you may have timed it right at the tip of the short-term fluctuation which i believe is more like a "speculative spike" as compared to the long term market trend which could very well be "realistically indicative".. just would like to give you the heads-up and not meant to discourage you..pasensya na po uli sir, pero ganu kababa ang mababa? although it's fair to say that the only way to go when you're down at the cellar is up.. i'm afraid, that uitf's are not like coil springs that you'll rebound right away. unlike bandwidths too which have fixed lowest and highest levels, uitf's are bound by market events, which at best, can only be projected. the historical lows or highs of uitf's can only be used as a reference of performance but not as a yardstick for things to come..

good post

I took a beating din sa UITF last may, pulled out. Then invested that money in some select stocks instead, malapit nang mabawi.. thank God.

Personally, I prefer trading stocks kasi you can diverisfy and spread out your risk. Although it is a bit more of a risk but at least (for me anyway), I have more control over it.

on the plus side, i invested almost the same amount of money in UITF and in a time deposit account.

for the same period, my time deposit earned close to Php400. My UITF investment earned close to Php3,700.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    hmmm...t-bill rats influence uitf rates? afaik, depende sa specific uitf product yan -- some uitfs invest in bonds, some in real estate, equities, money market, or a combination thereof. i'd expect their performance to depend on the specific investment portfolios each uitf product has.
    I think that's self evident...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Anyone into UITF