New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Mga katsikot, sino po ba ang ahente ng property dito, may simpleng katanungan lang po ako?

Salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    I might be of help. May we know your concern?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dnomyar View Post
    I might be of help. May we know your concern?
    Thank you.

There is this one property that's being offered to us thru an agent we just met. Although the negotiations for it is on-going, I believe the seller and us can agree on certain terms to close the deal.

But here is reason for the question. I have been dealing with another agent to find us a property since last year and he's doing it very diligently. I would like to help him get some commission should we close the deal with the first agent.

Can I make him a co-agent so I can instead deal with him without affecting the negotiation (since I believe the commission will now be split between the agents and the first agent might complain of lost income) or should I just stick with the first agent and just give some 'pakunswelo' to the second agent?

Thanks

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    First, make sure you are dealing only with licensed brokers or agents. The RESA law (Real Estate Services Act) provides that only licensed entity can practice the profession. As regards to the commission, it should have been made clear in the terms and conditions of the engagement. If not the agent who facilitated the sale successfully has the right to the full commission. The bottom line is you should only be dealing with licensed brokers. If not they are not entitled to commission. You can download the RESA law online for reference. Good luck to your new investment.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    And you can offer a pa consuelo by all means, but if im the agent I won't accept that specially if am not licensed and not in anyway helped in the transaction. Lest I be sued for illegal practice. Being a Filipino that we are known for softhearted creatures we are generous to a fault. Maybe a.small token will do in the spirit of Christmas. Just remind him to get a license if the agent is not yet licensed. But again you are not obligated.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Thanks dnomyar, I believe the second agent is not licensed, just someone trying to earn thru decent means. If this is the case (having second thoughts asking him this, might get offended...) and the first agent is ok with co-agent thing, will this second agent be criminally liable if he gets paid half the commission? If this is so, i'll just give him some lump sum for his troubles.

Btw, have you had similar experience where you worked your heart out for months finding a property for a client, only to find out that your client closed a deal with another agent? How did you feel?

Thanks again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks dnomyar, I believe the second agent is not licensed, just someone trying to earn thru decent means. If this is the case (having second thoughts asking him this, might get offended...) and the first agent is ok with co-agent thing, will this second agent be criminally liable if he gets paid half the commission? If this is so, i'll just give him some lump sum for his troubles.

Btw, have you had similar experience where you worked your heart out for months finding a property for a client, only to find out that your client closed a deal with another agent? How did you feel?

Thanks again.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    That is if someone will file a complaint with the Professional Board vs the pseudo agent and found guilty. I think there is sanction provisions in the RESA.
    Btw, am not a broker but a licensed real estate appraiser although currently I was not able to renew my license.:-)

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    In my dealings with clients, I made sure of his expectations and deliverables so at the onset the terms and conditions are clear. IMHO, one year is quite a long wait and we are talking of missed opportunities here. So I guess if it's me as a broker, I won't take it against my client as I take it as my failure to deliver.