New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    sir harris aka cutedoc IS the man for you....wait naten sya.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic
    I went to Ever Gotesco last night to shop for groceries. Upon arriving home, I was greeted by my nephews for a surprise visit. I had to use my shoulder in bumping the door open since I was carrying two grocery bags. However, there were to kids who were playing inside that I didn't notice earlier. Too late; they bumped on our old, eight-foot solid narra door and it hit me in the mouth so hard that I was KTFO. There was some minor nose-bleeding that I have encountered when I woke up and of course my jaw was hurting like hell. But the worst news was that I found out that I lost my two front teeth!

The nearest dental clinic that I've went to said that they only do tooth replacements by hooking the false teeth up or by bridges. The first option is not possible since my teeth have very small spaces between them. The second option requires drilling of the teeth beside the lost ones in order to anchor the fixtures.

I'm interested with permanent tooth replacement - the ones where they'll screw the teeth to your gums via a titanium implant or stuff like that. Do you know of any clinics/hospitals who do this? Costs?

Thanks!

if you lost your 2 front teeth, bridging it would be the fastest and more pleasing appearance compared to a removable denture

fixed porcelain bridge has 3 categories:
    1. porcelain fused to metal - semi precious metal lines the porcelain, the downside of it, there would be a gray hue on the margin of your gums and restored teeth due to the metal w/c is bio incompatible with the gum tissue, however you could opt to use gold lining the porcelain though it would be more expensive.

2. all porcelain crown - no metal lining the porcelain, best aesthetical appearance, no gray hues, downside of this, it cost a lot higher but its worth the price.

3. porcelain hybrid (adoro, soldex, integrated abutment crown) - the porcelain is combined with a resin material and some other material which makes the crown less abrasive, if your opposing teeth is a natural teeth and you bite and or chew a lot, you have a mild teeth grinding, this is more recommended, however if a bruxism or night grinding is severe or advance case, then a mouth guard may be necessary to be worn at night to protect the porcelain crown(including all porcelain and porcelain fused to metal)

if you dont want to harm the adjacent teeth by grinding it and reducing its size to act as the anchor for the missing teeth then a dental implant is more recommended, detal implants has 2 types:
    1. mini dental implants - w/c has a limited function and limited extent of usage

2. standard implant - w/c is the gold standard as dental implant is spoken off, the difference with mini is the size of implant used, standard implants are the material i strongly recommend though its would priced a bit higher, but the long term result is guaranteed, you can check out www.bicon.com its one of the material i use, and if you are planning to have a dental implant placed, see a qualified dentist or oral implantologist, not all dentist practises or use standard implants=)

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i cant send you a private message to you heretic, so im gonna post my reply here:

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic
    How much is the cost for two front standard dental implants?

Any estimates for my recovery period?
    around 70k for each dental implant=) so for the 2 front teeth that'll be 140k

downtime is about 5 days, however you could go back to work the next day, stiches will be removed within 5-7 days for proper healing, within those period you will have to wear a temporary denture, it could be fixed or removable, untill the implant osteointegrate(the implant binds with the bone) usually this will be like 3months more or less depending on the bone structure and the speed of healing and the osteointegration.

after the waiting period and after the implant has totally integrade with the bone, then a crown could be constructed and attached to the implant.

1. would it be painful? no, during the operation anesthesia is employed, so no pain on the treatment duration.

2. would the implant osteointegrade? yes, but we should allow a healing time of at least 3 months or more as the case may be.

3. would your body reject the implant? no, the material is made up of titanium, and coated with hydroxy apatite crystals (same as the human bone)

4. what are the no-nos? no smoking, before and during and after, if necessary no more smoking especially during the healing phase for this would greatly affect the healing of the implant, no diabetes or heart disease, if there be any it should be controlled.

5. would the procedure be long? no, it would only take 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the case, for your 2 front teeth, 30 mins will do.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    cutedoc, yung friend ko problem nya is yung isang front teeth nya patay na ata ang mga veins,so yung color ng teeth naging dark yellow. he wants na i jacket yun na porcelain, you think ok yun? thanks

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    help!

I chipped my first molar (lower jaw) just now.

can the fillings be done in one visit to the dentist?

I'll be flying to another country for a few weeks (a possibility of getting extended for 3 months) on monday so I may not be available for a second visit to the same dentist.

my tooth exactly looks like this with the dentin slightly exposed.

I don't feel any pain though.
    Last edited by Negus; October 8th, 2010 at 11:30 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Any dentists here in Tsikot? Permanent tooth replacement?