New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    you have to check, sir. not all malls offer the service.

or, you can send someone to do it for you.
    have your man go to prc, with your old ID and an authorization letter from you.
    if the prc now requires their authorization form, then your messenger can get it there and hand it to you to fill out. then he goes back to prc. hey! he's a messenger! no big deal.

the point system is, i believe, to force the professional to be "up to date". it has its pros and cons. your professional society can make it easy for its members or not.

re-newing one's ID is really up to the professional, po.
    you may or may not renew it, as scheduled. but be prepared to "suffer the consequences".

btw, the prc ID is a "government-issued ID", should you need one. just like the driver's license and the passport.

good luck, po.
    Bro.,- may kakilala akong nagpa-renew ng license sa PRC sa Manila last month,- a little over an hour lang daw,- na-renew na (and with the card)..... [I guess,- sobrang trapik ang magiging kalaban..... ]

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

30.7K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bro.,- may kakilala akong nagpa-renew ng license sa PRC sa Manila last month,- a little over an hour lang daw,- na-renew na (and with the card)..... [I guess,- sobrang trapik ang magiging kalaban..... ]

_/_/_/

i wouldn't know. i have a messenger. actually, messenger ng bayan. heh heh.
    but mas masarap sa mall. even if you have to go back for the ID after a couple of months.
    i guess, that's one thing renewing outside prc, does not emphasize. whereas, you walk out of prc with your new ID, in the mall, you have to go back after a couple of months to claim that ID.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 28th, 2016 at 08:38 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008

Di ba may point system din sa Accountancy bro.?

One of my siblings has to accumulate some number/level of points before the renewal can be given....

PICPA (ket daw) ang nagbibigay ng seminar-points at may boses sa ganitong requirement sa inyong grupo?

I tried renewing my PRC license a few months ago, through the SM counters,- na-reject ako... wala raw silang makitang record.....

_/_/_/

Tama bro. May required CPD credits. Had to crash 8 days of seminar worth P30K just to earn those. May NBI clearance pa, certificate of employment ek ek na notarized, etc. Etc. Hay naku, ilang years na ako pumipirma ng FS ngayon lang hinahanapan ng certification.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008

_/_/_/

Naku sa PRC manila ako. Parang DFA din na may chair hopping.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    you have to check, sir. not all malls offer the service.
    Thank you for your comments doc, the reason I asked is that the internet is so confusing, PRC,different govt agencies and blogs all have their own list of malls and recent experiences in malls. A blogger posted his experience with SM megamall when I cannot find that listed officially under PRC, and so on.. add my experience with SM Calamba, perhaps no longer offering the service saying "has been offline sice April".

So I just wanted to know if anyone here had theirs renewed in a certain mall just to be sure it is worth going to. The PRC online system is not an option I want to use since it also entails physically going to their office (good if one has a messenger). Heavy traffic agad ang nasa isip ko. Sa mall pwede mo ipa-courier para di kana babalik and the procedure is much simpler. Bakit kaya hindi gawin ito ng PRC sa online service nila, yung courier service? They cannot claim physical appearance required since they allow reps and courier service in malls. Baka they need to keep traffic heavy inside to justify keeping their employees?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *Papi: I filed online first and went to PRC Manila on the designated date. Queue was long and took me almost 4 hours to finish. Photocopy your documents and consider taking uber or a cab. Parking is not an option.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the online sources are confusing. i think it is because, they are not updated regularly enough.
    some time ago, it was offered in the malls. then it was discontinued, because of "security reasons", someone told me. then now, it would appear that it is back, but in selected areas only.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    *Papi: I filed online first and went to PRC Manila on the designated date. Queue was long and took me almost 4 hours to finish. Photocopy your documents and consider taking uber or a cab. Parking is not an option.

Thanks for the info dreamur, aside from heavy traffic going there, these are exactly the reasons why I don't want to go there. Sa mall kunin lang nila docs, requirements and payment then sit and wait at home ka na lang.

Pagka ganyan ay mapapa D word ka eh

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    i wouldn't know. i have a messenger. actually, messenger ng bayan. heh heh.
    but mas masarap sa mall. even if you have to go back for the ID after a couple of months.
    i guess, that's one thing renewing outside prc, does not emphasize. whereas, you walk out of prc with your new ID, in the mall, you have to go back after a couple of months to claim that ID.
    Doc, I have arranged for someone to pick-up my ID which I applied online, kailangan ba talaga Special Flower of Attorney or pwede na ang Authorization Letter lang?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    True story:

In mechanical engineering board exams, we had to solve engineering problems through the use of engineering formulas. We were allowed to bring a book related to the exam subject.

On the day of exams for machine design, I brought a machine design book, naturally. However, there was a question about power plant, a different subject. It was an example (with the answer) in the power plant book, but I did not bring that book.

A person near me had that exact page of the power plant book inserted in his machine design book. How did he know that a power plant question would come up in the machine design exam? Somebody must have given him a tip.

Cheater: 1
    Honest person: 0

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
any comments re PRC=professional regulation commisson?