New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Doc, I have arranged for someone to pick-up my ID which I applied online, kailangan ba talaga Special Flower of Attorney or pwede na ang Authorization Letter lang?
    authorization letter lang. with xerox of ID. i put in two IDs, just in case.
    although, the prc does have its own template.
    'i suppose, chamba chamba na lang yan, depending on who's on the other side of their teller counter.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    True story:

In mechanical engineering board exams, we had to solve engineering problems through the use of engineering formulas. We were allowed to bring a book related to the exam subject.

On the day of exams for machine design, I brought a machine design book, naturally. However, there was a question about power plant, a different subject. It was an example (with the answer) in the power plant book, but I did not bring that book.

A person near me had that exact page of the power plant book inserted in his machine design book. How did he know that a power plant question would come up in the machine design exam? Somebody must have given him a tip.

Cheater: 1
    Honest person: 0

maybe he didn't! maybe it was just dumb luck that he had one.
    or maybe he's a two-taker, and knew from previous experience that such would be the case.

examiners are, like most of us, creatures of habit. it can not be helped that examiners would un-intentionally repeat questions during the several years he was an examiner. sabi nga ng colleague ko, "just how many times can you re-phrase a question on a certain topic?"

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Thanks Doc, off he went na today

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    authorization letter lang. with xerox of ID. i put in two IDs, just in case.
    although, the prc does have its own template.
    'i suppose, chamba chamba na lang yan, depending on who's on the other side of their teller counter.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    True story:

In mechanical engineering board exams, we had to solve engineering problems through the use of engineering formulas. We were allowed to bring a book related to the exam subject.

On the day of exams for machine design, I brought a machine design book, naturally. However, there was a question about power plant, a different subject. It was an example (with the answer) in the power plant book, but I did not bring that book.

A person near me had that exact page of the power plant book inserted in his machine design book. How did he know that a power plant question would come up in the machine design exam? Somebody must have given him a tip.

Cheater: 1
    Honest person: 0

The odds of that happening is near zero....

Yup,- a lot of things behind us were happening...

Heard the urban myth on test paper swapping?... Shocking!

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

31.0K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

The odds of that happening is near zero....

Yup,- a lot of things behind us were happening...

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

31.0K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
    myth, rumor, biblical fact, or simple truth?
    sometimes, the myth is just that: myth.
    sometimes, someone has to rationalize why someone passed and he did not.
    heh heh.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Bro -sometimes, truth is indeed much stranger than fiction....

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    maybe he didn't! maybe it was just dumb luck that he had one.
    or maybe he's a two-taker, and knew from previous experience that such would be the case.

examiners are, like most of us, creatures of habit. it can not be helped that examiners would un-intentionally repeat questions during the several years he was an examiner. sabi nga ng colleague ko, "just how many times can you re-phrase a question on a certain topic?"
    Coincidence? I think NOT!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

You study hard and others take the credit? That's terrible, if true.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
any comments re PRC=professional regulation commisson?