New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    parang sa mga nationalistic / idealistic pipol here, now's the time to crucify this arnel pineda. ako i dont even consider myself nationalistic, mas idol ko mga corrupt pero ayaw ko talaga ng mga maarteng artist. the national anthem is supposed to be respected. bakit niya binago?

ano parang nudity is art reasoning na naman? i-fine na yan at ikulong.
    How do you do that when he sang the song in the US and not the Philippines? You can't enforce Philippine laws abroad and if just by chance you can then Rudy Distrito needs to be charged for murder in the Philippines also because he killed someone in the US and murder is against the law in the Philippines.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    How do you do that when he sang the song in the US and not the Philippines? You can't enforce Philippine laws abroad and if just by chance you can then Rudy Distrito needs to be charged for murder in the Philippines also because he killed someone in the US and murder is against the law in the Philippines.
    but the NHI will not file the case in the US, they will file it here and once Pineda set foot in the Philippines then, Phils court has jurisdiction over him I can't compare it to a murder case but Id like to compare it more on taxes, even if you earned money it in the US you still needs to pay your taxes here.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AnK View Post
    but the NHI will not file the case in the US, they will file it here and once Pineda set foot in the Philippines then, Phils court has jurisdiction over him I can't compare it to a murder case but Id like to compare it more on taxes, even if you earned money it in the US you still needs to pay your taxes here.
    Nope.

Smoking banned in public in Metro Manila... if you smoke in public... in... say... Russia... you can't be charged for smoking in public when you get back on Philippine soil.

They can't file a case for ****ography against you if you pose nude on a nude beach in California, either.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    maybe NHI will claim that what pineda did actually endangered national security

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    All those diatribes against the NHI aside, I personally think ampangit naman talaga ng version ni Arnel Pineda. Medyo sumabit pa siya nung bumirit siya in the end.

Alam naman ng mga singers na to na they're opening themselves up to criticism kung babaguhin nila yung rendition. They know fully well na may batas on how it's supposed to be sung. The excuse of "artistic liberty" doesn't fly with me. More like gusto lang nilang i-showcase (read: ipagyabang) yung talent nila. Di na sila natuto. So they should take heed, especially when an institute like the NHI (apolitical and not a publicity-whore) speaks out.

Look at the singer who sung the national anthem of Ghana. She sang it simply, hindi maarte. Kahit hindi ako pamilyar sa national anthem nila, I'm pretty sure na hindi niya nilandian yung version niya. To Arnel's credit though, he apologized.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AnK View Post
    Say what? Even if he violated that law a hundred times in Texas or Las Vegas, our courts would still be powerless to prosecute, much less convict him.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Nakita nyo ba yung reaction ni Lito Camo, nung bumirit bigla si Pineda?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post

i don't care about technicalities. i'm sure with all the abundance of laws that we have here. meron yan

national anthem pa din natin ang binastos nya. kung ako sa kanya magpaka-filam na lang sya

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    i don't care about technicalities. i'm sure with all the abundance of laws that we have here. meron yan

national anthem pa din natin ang binastos nya. kung ako sa kanya magpaka-filam na lang sya
    Yep. And I'm sure you can convince the courts to convict with the "abundance of laws" theory. Good luck with that.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    bakit kase hindi na lang si leah salonga ang pakantahin e.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Another useless issue