New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sayang! just when i stopped listening to cds and started listening to The Morning Brew...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi All!

Yeah, this is really sad news

And to think that they just celebrated their 11 years on air recently.

I heard that one of the reasons was that some of the jocks weren't registered with the KBP and that the KBP was getting strict about that. (must be lacking in "commision" in order just to be in air. Have to have dues from their members and all.)

I say, so what they're not members? They do good work and play good music.

This really sucks.

It's a shame that the jocks have to break up since they all had good chemistry and that helped make the shows work.

Now the team is broken up and some are moving to other stations while others will just be gone.

By the way, for those who are interested, the have a video on youtube.

Just type in "k-lite" under search. It's the video they made for their 11th anniversary party.

If you guys notice, there are hardly any jocks on air now especially in the afternoons.

I guess the reason for reduced ads is the fact that they'll be closing soon.

I, for one, say that closing this station is a BIG mistake!

The management say that they'll be back on air sometime in the future but with a different format so let's just see how that goes.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Another victim of a bad economy. When the economy is slow, tendency of companies to slow down or stop advertising.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Kadyot lang! Kadyot lang! Kukuru-kuku!

Bakit kaya sila magsasara?

Siguro kasi ............ mga gurang na yung nakikinig sa kanila! Mwahahahaha!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Too bad the economics favors the crappy radio stations, while smarter stations like K-Lite goes off-air.

I've been listening to K-lite when they're still in test broadcast. Good 80's tunes, and a good mix of intelligent talk and wise-cracking jokes from their jocks. Good brain food.

Come Dec.1 maghahanap na naman ako ng station. Baka mabangga ako sa kakapindot ng radyo.

Farewell, it was a good 11 years.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by francisco monto View Post
    Too bad the economics favors the crappy radio stations, while smarter stations like K-Lite goes off-air.

I've been listening to K-lite when they're still in test broadcast. Good 80's tunes, and a good mix of intelligent talk and wise-cracking jokes from their jocks. Good brain food.

Come Dec.1 maghahanap na naman ako ng station. Baka mabangga ako sa kakapindot ng radyo.

Farewell, it was a good 11 years.

I agree..

"Another FM radio station folding up...." ? what was the other one?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    89.1 DZMZ is the other one I think. It was my favorite station before Klite. I still miss Sunday morning new wave series. hay... Sayang naman Klite, when Amy and Vince left the station last year parang it's not the same na din e. The morning brew is ok but that's about it, well isa pa fave ko is counter steer. That's why pala they were talking of moving the program to another station and i was thinking why eh ang ganda ganda nung program. They had a 2 hour long program last week and there's going to be a last one next week.

Sayang talaga. hayyyy

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I concur with seonadancing. K-lite's 1st batch of jocks were a cool bunch. I miss Vince, Jinji, Monica, Little David, Blade... Karamihan sila, exRT or TM jocks diba?

I still remember Jessica Z's Twisted show on Sundays, who kept me company during overtime.

Just reminiscing.....

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    kaya pala sumideline na si vito sa solar sports, mukang natunugan na niya last year pa.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron pa nga sila dodge ball contest, live on air sa UP...tsk tsk tsk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Another FM radio station folding up....