New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Bro., did you choose the American, British or Australian variant?....

10K:dance1:
    Mine's the US variant, naturally.... It has preloaded maps for the US (includes the mainland, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands), Canada, and Europe.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I have a Garmin nuvi 275T. I used on a (first time) drive to New York City/Manhattan. It was flawless. Without it, I would've been hopelessly lost. It led me easily around the different one-way streets to whatever destination I punched in and recalculated on the fly very fast.

Nice female voice too.
    yan din gamit ko when i was in Manhattan last month. parati nawala satellite signal sa taas ng bldgs dun. pero sa new jersey flawless

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    planning to buy garmin 205w, where do i download philippine maps? also how useful and accurate would it be in the philippines?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Try searching for roadguide.ph and OSM... They have accurate maps.... According to some, the current shared version of roadguideph is better than OSM's outside of MM.... Plus, they have lots of landmarks et al..... (I have been using OSM since I got my unit last year since what roadguide was sharing then was practically bare version )..... This, I will find out in the next couple of days...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    yan din gamit ko when i was in Manhattan last month. parati nawala satellite signal sa taas ng bldgs dun. pero sa new jersey flawless
    That's to be expected inside a thick concrete building. But outside like here (and in-between buildings), my Garmin Nuvi 275T performed just fine.

I mean I lost the signal when I had the car parked inside a parking garage. But as soon as I stepped outside, the Garmin resumed right where it left off.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    thanks for the info CVT

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    thanks for the info CVT

You are welcome, bro.

BTW, have used mine as far south as Atimonan, Quezon and as far north as Baguio... Have also used it during our last trip to Calatagan, Batangas, via Tagaytay... And this weekend, to Alaminos and Bolinao, Pangasinan..... Don't get the one with all the bells and whistles, bro... The basic unit will do here in the Philippines. (The current shared version of the roadguide has a lot of landmarks,- restaurants, gas stations, shopping areas and other points of interest with it....)

Enjoy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
ano ba okey Garmin model GPS na bilhin?