New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Patulong naman po.

Naexperience na ba ninyo ung pagpasok sa kotse ay nakukuryente kayo pag ininsert ang key? Sometimes nakikita ko na nag spark pa ung keys ng car and talagang ang lakas ng kuryente. Pagbaba ko ng car and papasok ako sa hotel door, malakas pa rin ang static and masakit talaga sa kamay. Pag isinasara ko tuloy ang pinto ng kotse paa ang ginagamit ko kasi hindi ko mahawakan ang pinto sa lakas ng static. Pansin ko ito lalo pag all power ang gamit ko.

I've read somewhere na may electrical imbalance daw sa katawan ng tao pag ganito. So questions ko

1) Bat kaya sa Pinas ndi ko naeexperience to or madalang naman?

2) Meron bang cure dito or gear na madischarge ako from static?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Better grounding. Try searching for articles on how to do this. They say it also improves performance to an extent.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Every other week iba iba ang ginagamit kong car kasi nag rerent ako to work for the client. So palagay ko hindi lang car may problem, may dapat akong gawin from my end.

Ang ginagawa ko for the mean time, itouch ko ung key sa may car door para ma discharge ang static. Pero hindi naman fool-proof kasi pag labas ko ng car parang may static pa rin sa body. Thanks for the input

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think (purely personal opinion here, no scientific backing whatsoever!) it might be related to the humidity of the air.

I'm a frequent victim of the bite of the dreaded static electricity charge. I've noticed though that I get shocked more often during colder, drier months than the warmer, more humid summer months.

In the summertime, I don't get shocked at all. Fall into winter, it's like shock therapy getting out of the car.

What I've been doing is while seated, I make contact with the metal side-sills of the car. I then touch the doors and continue touching the doors while I get out.

I'd sometimes forget to do this though, especially when in a hurry. So I still get shocked occasionally!

:lol:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    You have a good point e46. Halos ganyan din ginagawa ko. Before getting out of the car, touch ko ung metal siding ng car key medyo nadidischarge. Pero sa sobrang lakas ng static kahit through car keys ang electrical impulse, masakit pa rin sa kamay.

Sad thing is kahit wala na sa kotse, pagpasok ko sa hotel or sa office, paghipo ko sa door knob ang lakas pa rin ng electrical shocks. Pano kaya mawawala ito for good.

Pero palagay ko nga may kaugnayan sa atmosphere itong phenomenon na ito. Summer ndi ko nga rin masyado naexperience ito.

Sana may products na I can wear to completely discharge the static pahirap kasi talaga eh. Nagkakaphobia na tuloy akong humipo ng humipo

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama kayo it's the climate causing it....(this is how the lightning is formed ....its one huge static charge)...why don't you ground yourself...try holding a metal post or water pipe na nakaconnect sa ground.....but don't just touch it lightly kasi tatalon lang ang kuryente na pa rang lang what you're experiencing na....you should grab it....the static charge will "drain".....try searching also a popular science site, ang alam ko me solution na dyan (clothes na ang fabric can "resist" static electricity charging)

my 2 cents.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe... perrenial static ZZZAAAP talaga pag winter... kami ganun rin dati, pag winter (lalo na if you're wearing down, fleece or leather), tapos galing ka indoors na carpeted... ZZZAAAPPP!!!! hehe... as in may light between your fingertips sa metal surface...

this is even more true when you're driving sa winter... dry ang air sobra due to your heater, your legs rub back and forth the car's carpeting, your pants and shirt with the car's upholstery... pag hawak mo sa bakal zzzaapp nanaman hehe...

bad trip talaga...

what I do is I try to ground myself pag winter... I use my keys to touch a metal part of the car muna (like the keyhole) and before removing the key, I touch the car with barehands... di ako naststatic... :P

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have experienced that before also. it turns out that the cause of the shock was from the clothes that came out of the clothes drier. common problem na ito sa US. it's called static cling. if this is your problem, try drip drying your clothes.

there is this product in the US if you still want to use the drier. just forgot the name.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bounce Anti-Static Sheets...

They sell it here sa groceries as well...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you guys work with computers, there's this thing called a grounding strip. normally, you attach one end of it to your wrist, and the other end to a metal part of the computer's case. i guess you can do that and attach one end to a metal part of your car before you start driving, so at the least you don't accumulate static while you're using the car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Ano ba ang solution sa car-STATIC?