New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    Now that you brought this up, i have in my car: a stainless steel pipe, 1.5 feet fat steel chain with big padlock at the end, tirador with lots of jolens as bala, 2 balisongs, 1 crkt knife somewhere, 1 camera, and 1 glock 30 with 2 spare mags.

Plans to add ay long bolo/hunting knife ala bear grylls parang. At saka pepper spray or maze. Hehe.

So far, camera pa lang nagamit ko, parang camera-shy ang mga loko, medyo atras sila.
    nice, want to trade your g30 with my 19?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    baseball bat/extendable baton/knife basically any thing you can use to hit or stab someone - not a good idea, because what if the guy you are about to fight have a gun and you only found out that he has one when you've already drawn your weapon. you just gave him the right to shoot you legally. and you have to hit your attacker a couple of times before you disable him which will still give them the chance to possibly hurt or kill you. one of my friends got hit a couple of times in the head by a baseball bat until the bat broke, he got a bloody face but he was still fighting back. i was in that fight so i've seen it with my own eyes, guy who hit him is now an actor at GMA but not that popular though.

my suggestion is stungun/taser or pepper spray, atleast those are self defense weapons which can't be used to kill so atleast in court you have a better chance of winning a law suit. also stungun/taser will put your attacker on the ground instantly unlike bat/knife which will take a couple of hits to disable your attacker. pepper spray naman will blind your attacker and possibly disable him for a couple of minutes but a pepper spray doesn't always work and can back fire at you so i advice stungun/taser as much as possible. how can it backfire? example would be when you're inside the car or any closed small space and you spray your attacker, even though it didn't hit you directly you'll still feel the effects of it or when it's windy chances are you'll also spray your face while you spray your attacker. there's also a chance it won't work when it's raining or your attacker is wearing glasses/shades.

if you can get a gun then get one. you don't have to use it. you don't have to kill your attacker, but in my experience it made me more humble, patient, easy going and i'm more afraid to get in a fight because i know when i get in a fight it will be serious and it will be either me or my attacker. that's why i've avoided a lot of fights unlike when i didn't own a gun, sugod lang ng sugod lalo na sa mga PUV drivers talagang binababa ko dati, ngayon i just give way. kaya nga mga friend ko sabi sa akin kung kelan daw nagka baril ako don ako naging duwag but they don't understand why i'm scared now.
    very well said bro. foresterx. A gun is still the best weapon for your protection. you need not to use it immediately by shooting somebody whom you have a traffic altercation. Otherwise, you might spend some years of your life in jail. You must use your gun purely for self-defense, defense of relatives or strangers.

Let me share to you some important provisions of Article 11 of the Revised Penal Code of the Philippines:

Art. 11. Justifying circumstances. — The following do not incur any criminal
    liability:

1. Anyone who acts in defense of his person or rights, provided that the following
    circumstances concur;

First. Unlawful aggression.

Second. Reasonable necessity of the means employed to prevent or repel it.

Third. Lack of sufficient provocation on the part of the person defending
    himself.

2. Any one who acts in defense of the person or rights of his spouse, ascendants,
    descendants, or legitimate, natural or adopted brothers or sisters, or his relatives by
    affinity in the same degrees and those consanguinity within the fourth civil degree,
    provided that the first and second requisites prescribed in the next preceding
    circumstance are present, and the further requisite, in case the provocation was given
    by the person attacked, that the one making defense had no part therein.

3. Anyone who acts in defense of the person or rights of a stranger, provided that
    the first and second requisites mentioned in the first circumstance of this Art. are
    present and that the person defending be not induced by revenge, resentment, or other
    evil motive.

x x x x x xxx xxxxxxxx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Ano ang pwedeng dalhing protection laban sa mga lokong driver?