New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Looks like AMDis already loosing out to Intel in the technology wars. Intel is already offering P4s with HT technology, FSB of up to 800Mhz and a cache of 1MB.

For a regular PC gamer - is the 10 to 20% higher price of the Intel worth it over the AthlonXP?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    John, youre comparing the P4 to an outdated product (AXP - But note that this still has teeth!)

Mukhang ebs yang Pentium 4 pag kinompare mo sa Athlon 64. In fact the A64 3200 costs a lot more (at least 7k more) than the P4 3.0GHz.

This isnt even the top of the line AMD processor!

I think the latest is called FX-51 or FX-53.... 1600MHz bus!
    Last edited by pajerokid; June 30th, 2004 at 05:22 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dapat pala for 32-bit technology lang ang sinabi ko... hehehe...

can't really say that much for 64-bit right now since only a handful of softwares is available for it...

but back to 32-bit processors... parang may edge pa rin ang P4 kaysa sa AthlonXP?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    i still pefer amd than intel, i think that the price of intel is not worth it.

The latest processor from Intel, the extreme edition * 3.2Ghz, has an L3 cache of 2MB (if i remember correctly) which beats the Athon 64 in every performance test... at a price of US$ 900 - 1300, while the Athlon 64 running on 2.2Ghz goes for roughly Php 15K.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    totoo bang mas mainit ang AMD kesa sa Intel?
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The A64 fully supports 32bit Software. In fact this is the evolution of the Athlon, as both current AMD processors (Opteron, Athlon64) are 64bit capable. Its only gonna be a while before these hit the streets at reasonable prices. As of now Villman lang meron nito AFAIK.

In short, malapit na ma-phase out ang AXP and Duron to be replaced by the FX-55 and Semperon (i read this a long time back, kalimutan ko na e hehe).

Getting back to your question, yes, bugbog sarado ang AXP if you compare it to a P4 C upwards.

Im using an AXP Barton, i have no complaints whatsoever when it comes to video games.

.......must be my GeForce FX5900 hehehe.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    teka pareng John, mag-uupgrade ka ba? better wait muna because a lot of things are happening right now. The stuff you'll be getting might soon become obsolete.... what with a new memory format (2x faster than DDR) and PCI-Express video cards on the horizon.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by pajerokid
    .......must be my GeForce FX5900 hehehe.
    mas mahal pa ang video card mo kaysa sa CPU + MOBO... hehehe... :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pareng John, taken from tomshardware.com.....

The Athlon64 FX clearly beats its archrival's processors in most of our benchmarks. The Intel processors all collect points, in some cases dramatically, in speed-sensitive applications such as rendering or audio and video compression, and with applications optimized for HyperThreading. However, as soon as 3D applications and games are run, FX steamrolls ahead. That must be annoying for Intel, since the Pentium 4 Extreme Edition is targeted for these applications.

Take note that the A64 runs at about 1GHz less and costs $200 cheaper

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
AMD vs Intel