New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Hmmm.. while were talking about the boy scouts, I came across this item in todays news....

Ombudsman wants boy, girl scouts to check AFP corruption
    Updated 03:06am (Mla time) Oct 28, 2004
    By Luige del Puerto, Armand Nocum
    Inquirer News Service

THE YOUTH can teach their elders a thing or two about fighting corruption in the military, according to two government agencies.

The Office of the Ombudsman wants children to monitor deliveries of goods to the Armed Forces of the Philippines, while the Commission on Audit hopes that the kids can also monitor the public bidding in graft-ridden agencies in lieu of COA resident auditors.

Ombudsman Simeon Marcelo is so impressed by the system initiated by boy scouts and girl scouts in checking ghost deliveries in the Department of Education (DepEd) that he wants to adopt it for the AFP.

"What is happening at DepEd inspires me," Marcelo said yesterday at an anticorruption summit sponsored by the United Nations Development Program. "These are children, but they (have shown) that they can do something about it (corruption). Maybe this would inspire the old... that it is possible."

The Ombudsman is set to meet with officials of the AFP and the Department of National Defense to discuss the project. Once agreed upon, the anti-graft body would look for recruits from schools closest to military barracks, and train them for the task.

If all goes well, the project could start in February, Marcelo said.

:-) Hehehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Coincidence?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oo nga don't generalize naman. i know of at least 3 generals, now retired, who left the service poor. one was army commanding general, one was *th division commander, and another was Jx. i know them becaues the CG army is my uncle, the *th division commander is my friend's dad, and the Jx is also a friend's dad. all three served together in mindanao with the cg army as southcom commander and the other 2 as his ex-o and chief of staff.

when the 3 star army cg retired he still had his car that was bought for him by his father 25 years before. it was rusting in places, had a broken window and worn out tyres. when he was assigned to mindanao before he became army CG, he solved the cattle rustling problem when he was there. so when he retired the cattle ranchers gave him 100 heads of cattle as gift. while assigned in cagayan he also stopped illegal logging activites in region 2. for that he never got the chief afp post, the cagayan politico whose ship he sunk while smuggling lumber to japan made sure of that. now he is a gentleman farmer.

the *th infantry division cg retired with no house, a car that you had to use an umbrella inside when it rained, and since he did not play ball with the other generals, was promptly evicted from his army quarters in camp bonifacio a week after retirement. he was only able to build a house when he got his retirement money on a portion of land reserved for retired generals in camp bonifacio. he now works for a private company.

the Jx also was in the same situation as the 2 mentioned above. i remember our friend when we were in college not having lunch because her father could not provide enough baon. they also lived in army quarters in camp bonifacio, the roof rafters had tin cans hanging to catch rain water when it rained. once we went there and the general and his wife were having lunch, dried fish and camote tops. they had 3 kids in college and could not afford any luxury, not even food that you and i take for granted everyday.

so don't say all generals are bad, there are more good people than you think.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    pero ang gusto ni mister TJMAXXX e palitan ang AFP ng boyscouts.

:freak: :confused:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    thnx yebo it makes me feel better after hearing that!

pero di ko parin makalimutan yun eksena sa bundok

NPA/MILF: bang bang trrrrrrttttttrrr ttt... oy wala na kami bala dito ubos na! kelan ba matatapos gera natin pagod na kami? shouting

MILITARY: di na siguro matatapos ito ayon kay general baka maputol budget namin sa gera sayang bilyon pa naman yun na pwedeng ibulsa. shouting

NPA/MILF: walang hiya kayo peke yun binigay nyong bala sayang binabayad namin dollar pa naman palyado---shouting. wala bang original dyan?

MILITARY: pareho lang naman tayo ng ginagamit eh isa pa nagtitipid kami. sayang lng kng original abuti kng patamaan kita!---shouting

NPA/MILF: o sige basta painom nlng kayo mamaya dami nyo na racket ah!---shouting

MILITARY: oo naman kaya pa eh suki namin kayo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron din akong uncle nasa service although retirado na siya ngayon.

nagaalaga na lang yata ng kambing sa pangasinan, pero yung mga kuwento na sa amin tungkol sa giyera nakakapangilabot.

meron din naman akong tita na reds (pero na pardon na siya) dati aniya meron pinaglalaban prinsipiyo , ngayon wala na, pinaglalaban para mabuhay na lang daw.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    meron palang cockroach theory na nilabas regarding sa issue

"if you see one cockroach, chances are there are hundreds hiding" hehehe

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hagiber:Hmmm.. while were talking about the boy scouts, I came across this item in todays news....

Ombudsman wants boy, girl scouts to check AFP corruption
    Updated 03:06am (Mla time) Oct 28, 2004
    By Luige del Puerto, Armand Nocum
    Inquirer News Service

nge!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    good ones, mr. yebo... like I've said before, there are ex-generals I've known who have turned down the perks that others avail themselves of... we need more of that kind of people in the military!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
AFP goes on Red Alert