New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Problema pa may mga properties pa na still under my paternal lolo's name lang or lola's name lang at siya lang may alam ng lahat kasi isa lang house nila ng Lola ko. Meron pa nga under my GREAT GRANDFATHER'S name Since we are in good terms she told me na yung sa great grandfather ko pag nabenta hindi na daw bibigyan yung iba, quiet na lang ako kasi I will just give my share sa Mommy ko.

She probably told the same thing to other relatives ... decent lawyers would not agree to sell properties without the heirs consent ...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    NEVER sign SPA even if in good terms unless you are comfortable with forfeiting your share ... separate cheques ... many buyers are used to these type of transactions ... if it's selling below market price, buyer should be willing to put up with the inconvenience of issuing separate payments ... also better if direct bank deposit instead of cheque ...

DO NOT listen to people who have never had to deal with inconsiderate, greedy relatives ...
    in the event of direct bank deposit..will the seller be willing to sign first the "acknowledgement receipts" of the payment/s (1 copy to the buyer and 1 copy to the seller) before the money get deposited to the sellers account or will the buyer insist on the seller to issue a signed acknowledgement receipt first before depositing the money

normally kaliwaan lang yan kung cheke ang ibabayad

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    ... separate cheques ... many buyers are used to these type of transactions ... if it's selling below market price, buyer should be willing to put up with the inconvenience of issuing separate payments ... also better if direct bank deposit instead of cheque ...

DO NOT listen to people who have never had to deal with inconsiderate, greedy relatives ...
    With particular emphasis on the last sentence... MAKINIG KAYO (take heed!)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    may chinese proverb jan pag magulo ang hatian ng familya

"friends are the siblings God never gave us"

- mencius

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    NEVER sign SPA even if in good terms unless you are comfortable with forfeiting your share ... separate cheques ... many buyers are used to these type of transactions ... if it's selling below market price, buyer should be willing to put up with the inconvenience of issuing separate payments ... also better if direct bank deposit instead of cheque ...

Since my Lola turned 90 ang lakas na ng influence niya. My lola sold properties under her name and we did not get a cent. I didn't say anything since it's my lola's properties so it's her decision on who she wants to give it to. It seems like my Lola gave in to my Tita's belief that only the children deserve inheritance and NOT the apos/in laws.

My Lola paid for the lawyer's fees and estate tax for our inheritance from my Lolo's side but we were made to sign a document that all these will be deducted to our inheritance and PAID TO THE LIVING CHILDREN (aka my Tita)

Wala na nga kami mana sa properties sold ng Lola ko (mother ng Daddy ko), may utang pa

Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    With particular emphasis on the last sentence... MAKINIG KAYO (take heed!)
    Those who never had to deal with greedy relatives are lucky

Anyway, just as I suspected, since my Tita is in the hospital again and we're kinda being blamed for it because we stressed her out by not giving in to what she wants (sign without my lawyer's review of the documents)

6. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Those who never had to deal with greedy relatives are lucky

Anyway, just as I suspected, since my Tita is in the hospital again and we're kinda being blamed for it because we stressed her out by not giving in to what she wants (sign without my lawyer's review of the documents)
    Issues like that (bad relatives) can be found in any sector of society naman, whether A, B, C, D or E. The only difference is in the amounts involved.

It's actually quite common. People will be “people”, if you get what I mean. Nagkataon lang that you happen to be related to them.

Even in families that get along well, sometimes nasisira din because of people who marry into the family, and lumalabas lang yung totoong ugali nung asawa later on. Sometimes, even the kids are used as “weapons”...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Literal story of gold turning into dust in front of your very eyes Cathy.

Wish you well but stand your ground.

Your name is on the title. Therefore you have a say .

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post

Even in families that get along well, sometimes nasisira din because of people who marry into the family, and lumalabas lang yung totoong ugali nung asawa later on. Sometimes, even the kids are used as “weapons”...
    a family i know,
    the matriarch dies.
    "ninong, maganda naman ang tayo nyo diyan. wag na kayo sumama dito. kami na lang ang maki-mana dito."
    "anukayo! para sa anak ko ang manang 'yan! can you guarantee he will be as successful in life as i am?"

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Most families with assets go through this. Arm urself with a good lawyer.

Im expecting this as well as our family has significant land assets, company holdings, partnerships, on going businesses, etc.

Thats why i made it on my own. Gambled a lot during my early years on real estate. Everything else will be gravy. But even that will be a struggle.

Lesson for me is to liquidate most if not all before i go..and divide na while i am alive.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    I rmember my lolo/lola transfer all their property belongings before they turn 80 to my erpat and titas and equally divided it, this make it easier eventually when they oassed away in their early 90’s.

my erpat is now late 70's and I started discussing with him to do the same before things become an issue later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Advise Needed!!! Selling Property