New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    from what i know...

di pa pede at kayang maging HUC ng tarlac because:
    1. traffic cant be solve yet, napaliit lang ng tarlac para magkaroon ng malaking revenue(so we common tao will pay higher taxes in turn we would charge them to our buyers)

2. city govt isnt that effective in making the law for real, the olf public market which burned down several years ago still lies as it, di man lang ayusin ng city govt anf tarlac public market

3. mababa ang tourism rate ng tarlac, as in low, we get revenues from tourist din but as i see it tarlac is just a road na madadaanan mo from bagiuo to manila

4. mukha lang mabango kung huc ang tarlac, but i dont think it could be sustained well... provincial hospital nga e di ganun kaayos to accomodate indigents

5. pwede maging huc ang tarlac but not at the moment... the govt says taxes wont increase for 5 yrs so no reason for prices to jack up, however with the mindset of tarlaquenos that eventually taxes will definetely increase, i believe the day after the plebesite tataas na ang presyo ng bilihin... sino ang maapektuhan the common buyers siyempre...

6. dont be too positive, we should be wary of the pros and more cons if tarlac be a HUC, siguro later pwede maging HUC but not now...

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Yun pala ibig sabihin ng "Highly Urbanized City"... nasa mind ko kasi eh yung tipong "Minority Report" ang dating na merong high-speed magnetic train saka skyscrapers na 100 stories ang taas. Masyado pala akong advance.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    majority nga ng mga taga public market opposed sa HUC.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the proponents ng HUC is more into the budget lang na i-kocorrupt nila na currently nasa governor's plate.....

In my opinion, isang malaking dagok lang sa agricultural sector yan pag naging HUC ang Tarlac, kasi they would start to ban farming (animal farming). Wala pa kasi akong nakita na instead of banning ay zoning ang ginawa sa animal farming ng mga naging HUC's (note ito sa bulacan).

I think if your current business is a commodity para sa isang malaking City, then go for HUC.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    City Classification

Highly Urbanized Cities - Cities with a minimum population of two hundred thousand (200,000) inhabitants, as certified by the National Statistics Office, and with the latest annual income of at least Fifty Million Pesos (P50,000,000.00) based on 1991 constant prices, as certified by the city treasurer.
    Independent Component Cities - Cities whose charters prohibit their voters from voting for provincial elective officials. Independent component cities shall be independent of the province.
    Component Cities - Cities which do not meet the above requirements shall be considered component cities of the province in which they are geographically located. If a component city is located within the boundaries of two (2) or more provinces, such city shall be considered a component of the province of which it used to be a municipality.

-------

Aside from the additional income and services that will be provided as a result of cityhood, the following reasons are worth mentioning why we wanted to become a HUC, they are;

1. A highly urbanized city enjoys greater local autonomy compared to a municipality with lesser supervision from the national government.
    2. A highly urbanized city is entitled to one legislative district in Congress.
    3. Prestige is enhanced, both locally and internationally because of our Status as highly urnbanized city. There are only 21 highly urbanized cities in the Philippines, all very progressive and in the forefront of prosperity and Development.
    4. A highly urbanized city will certainly attract more investors both locally and internationally. With more investments, more job opportunities will be create, more economic activities will be generated. As a consequence, the annual income will further increase which further improve services to the people.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing
    I think the proponents ng HUC is more into the budget lang na i-kocorrupt nila na currently nasa governor's plate.....

In my opinion, isang malaking dagok lang sa agricultural sector yan pag naging HUC ang Tarlac, kasi they would start to ban farming (animal farming). Wala pa kasi akong nakita na instead of banning ay zoning ang ginawa sa animal farming ng mga naging HUC's (note ito sa bulacan).

I think if your current business is a commodity para sa isang malaking City, then go for HUC.

AFAIK, wala pang HUC ang bulacan. but it has 2 component cities though: city of malolos and san jose del monte city (may sariling representative in congress)

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Highly Urbanized Cities - Cities with a minimum population of two hundred thousand (200,000) inhabitants,
    pasado lahat ng cities dito sa P'nas hehehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advantages of Highly Urbanized City?