New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    may nakita kaming nakaganitong jacket sa galleria nung weekend, nagkadiscussion kami ng wife ko kung di ba baligtad ang colors ng red and blue sa crest sa likod? di ba dapat blue ang nasa kaliwa?

Ganito ang dapat na pag-display ng Philippine flag >>>>>

6610:secret:

2. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    *CVT,
    if you compare yng flag sa signature nyo eh blue ang nasa left side pag nakatayo ang flag. so baligtad nga.

nasa wiki din... Section 10 of RA 8491 states that when the flag is displayed on a wall during peacetime, the blue field is to the observers' left, as shown here.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hindi kaya ang ibig sabihin ng pula sa kaliwa ay...competitors at war? palaban na manlalaro na walang atrasan? Kasi di ba kapag ang pula nga ay nasa itaas ay at war, at laban kung laban? just my 2 cents.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Just to reiterate what Radical! posted, any use of the Philippine flag on personal garments as a commercial design is prohibited, as is wearing the flag in whole or in part as a costume or uniform. This carries a penalty of between 5,000 and 20,000 pesos, and/or imprisonment of not more than one (1) year.

So technically, anyone who's wearing that jacket is disrespecting the flag and breaking the law.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; August 21st, 2008 at 12:12 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    wala nang binibenta iyan ngayon kasi nga labag sa batas. nasita na ang adidas ng office ni ambeth ocampo early this year or late last year that's why prices have more than doubled for this jacket, that is, if one is lucky enough to find an owner willing to part w/ his fabled treasure. apparently, a lot of people are still interested in buying one of those "flawed" masterpieces (including myself but the prices have gone up way too much for me though).

the good news is that they are coming out w/ a new batch w/ another design in december. although i'm told it'll be basically much like the existing women's jacket design but along w/ the expected modifications & improvements to differentiate the respective ***ual demographics.

btw, the ball on the seal is not a volleyball but rather it's a football w/ an old design w/c was prevalent during the middle of last century i think
    Last edited by baludoy; August 21st, 2008 at 12:19 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may law pala na ganun. sayang because i was starting to get interested in it too. :snob:

the colors on the men's jacket are too loud though...mas maganda yung color scheme nung ladies

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If Adidas was ordered to modify their design, World Balance should be admonished too. I recently saw a pair of World Balance rubber shoes that had the Philippine flag on the sides.

Naalala ko tuloy yung controversy ng Nike in 1996 when they released a shoe that had a stylized 'Air' written on it; problem was it looked too much like the Arabic word for 'Allah', offending Muslims worldwide.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; August 21st, 2008 at 02:27 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^pati nike merong sneakers na ganyan pero limited edition lang

meron namang imitation jackets sa ebay at sa sulit nabibili under P4k. they pass it off as overruns daw. halos pareho naman except that the football in the seal at the back of the jacket has been replaced wholly by the "pinoy" sun
    Last edited by baludoy; August 22nd, 2008 at 04:01 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mahal na........huhulihin ka pa?

Hwag na lang.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Adidas track jacket (yung flag ng Philippines)