May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Tumpak!

I hate those "career" activists!
    :hihihi:

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Dito sa forum palang meron na eh heheheh.
    Hint naman dyan

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Most naman are just going through a period of teen angst. When they grow older and maybe wiser, these people realize that the world is a very complicated place.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It's a phase even among the young here. A lot of the 60's radicals here now have families, some wealth, and are now Republicans.

At least my older daughter probably won't become one. She's only 12. But, she's already expressed her desire (and already has shown a talent for it) to make money when she grows up.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i had some exposure to this when i went to the philippines. my mom was a visiting prof at UP at the time so i kind of studied these folks.

my impression was that they did have legitimate grievances, but their ultimate downfall is that they had no concept of how to make it better. so they focused all their efforts on destabilization but didn't have a plan for progressive change if they were ever successful.

as for the anti-US sentiment? i'll be the first to admit that the US has done many things to other countries that are negative, but the "no to everything US" caused as much harm to the Philippines as good. i also have the suspicion that all of this was insidiously communist-incited...as a holdover from the Cold War :nerves:

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    President Arroyo will deliver her SONA in a couple of hours from now. As early as 5:00AM, militants and activits have posted themseleves at the BP Building, and have started making protests.

Looking back at the last four presidents in my memory (Marcos, Aquino, Ramos, Estrada), it seems to me that, if we based our assessment of these four presidents on the "facts" gathered by these activists, then we can conclude that no president in the last 30 years did anything right. Lahat mali, walang tama. So sino ang tama? Well, sino pa eh kundi yung mga aktibista - yun eh ayon sa kanila.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Hint naman dyan
    Pagkalalim pong magtagalog yuong taong yon at pag nang gagalaite sa post nya ey panay capitalista at imperialista na ang adjectives na gamit.

Hula ko kung di estudyante yun eh sa imperialistang capitalista nagtatrabaho yun.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Let them be.... In time, most of them will mellow down....

6505:Bath:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if there is one thing I noticed on college-days-activism is that they (the proponents - ke leftist or rightist) usually will "blind" you only with one side of the view and (as mentioned aboved) can not offer any solution to the root of the problem.

IMO activism is NOT ONLY being one sided... it should be more of being well-informed or being well-aware and be pro-active to act and properly respond on the/a problem to solve it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Activists...