New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Parang alang cure sa mga acne e.nasa genes ata yan.plus factor din yan bro, atleast pag ginusto ka ng babae with acne e talagang mahal ka he he.hayaan mo lang mga yan at lilipas din sila

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    pimples ba kamo? white flower lang katapat nyan :D

i think diet has a lot to do with it...some people say na nagkakapimple ka(either sa mukha or elsewhere) dahil "madumi" ung dugo mo
    Last edited by badkuk; June 23rd, 2007 at 06:46 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    just keep your face clean with a facial wash, toner / moisturizer. and visit a dermatologist to help you out.

may factor din ang puyat, diet (nuts, chocolate...)

go to medicine ko lately yung Panoxyl. ok naman kasi tuyo ang pimple asap.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    acne has no cure but it can be controlled. as to food intake, different people react differently, depending on their metabolism. however, generally speaking the following should be avoided: softdrinks, nuts, iodized salt, seafood, chocolates, dairy products like cheez, butter etc. vitamin b12 (cyanocobalamine), vitamins containing this will aggravate acne, clusivol is one example.

one should also observe the food he/she eats as certain type of food may cause one to have acne while it will not have an effect on another. i know one person who always have acne around the mouth, turns out her skin is reacting to the toothpaste she was using.

ive had acne problems since i was 14 years old. i used to take antibiotics (tetracycline) prescribed by a dermatologist. it worked, albeit i cant take antibiotics for the long term. as soon as i stop taking it, the acne comes back with a vengeance.

when i was around 18, my sister, bless her heart, brought me to a dermatologist in makati. nakilala nya through her officemate who had the same problem.

she prescribed me 4 kinds of topical solution. two of them was clindamycin and tretinoin, the other two was used for only a month, sort of like a cleansing solution. this was during the time when tret and clinda was not yet out in the market. she was a graduate and a fellow in dermatology back in the US, and she brought the formula here in pinas.

they were like magic for me. my acne disapppeared within a week of treatment. even if i eat some of the bawals like seafood, chocolates etc.

after 7 years, the acne started coming back. i went back to her and she increased the dosage and again my acne disappeared.

after 6 years, the acne started coming back again. when i went back to her, she said that there is no topical solution that can help me anymore. i had to take accutane (here its known as roaccutane).

i took it for 8 months, spent about P45,000 on it ( just to show you guys how desperate i was to get rid of it) after about three weeks of taking it, my acne is gone and never came back.

i have been acne free for 3 years now. i can eat just about anything and no acne worry anymore.

before taking the medicine, i did my own research and read a lot on the medicine and also listened to some people who took it. some of the side effects mentioned were minor like drying of lips which was the main side effects i experienced while taking it. a lip balm solves the problem.

yung mga grabeng side effects like suicidal tendency, are remote and cant be linked directly to the medicine. well, i just thank God that im okay now with no lingering side effects except for this dull pain on my lower back from time to time.

you cant take it independently though, its not your typical over the counter drug. its highly regulated and you need a doctor's prescription. you also need to see your doctor regularly as your liver needs to be tested from time to time.

The doctor's name if your are interested is sylvia jacinto jamora. her clinic is located at the corner of finlandia and batangas st. in makati.

haba ng post ko noh? hehehe.... the least that i can do to help, because i know how it feels to go through with this problem.
    Last edited by Asus700; June 23rd, 2007 at 07:45 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jay_el_330 View Post
    Accutane di ba maraming side effects ang gamot na yan?
    i think for girls, bawal mabuntis. pag mabuntis ata i think madedeform or di madedevelop ata yung baby.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    nagpaderma ako nung nasa peak ng acne break ups. Meron siyang nireseta sakin na anti-biotic (forgot the name). Pink yung color ng label niya. After that, nag panoxyl ako. Ok naman.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT..eat healthy, live healthy..drink lots of water...eat plenty of fruits and green vegetables..sleep early and wake up early...regular excercise helps eliminate body wastes thru perspiration..

kung prone ka sa black heads and white heads..yan ay dahil you have open pores...regular facial cleaning is recommended. say once a month..

sa acne i cannot recommend anything kasi di ko naranasan yan..

sa scars...kapag bago pa lang, CONTRATUBEX is really effective..pero kapag matagal na yung scar, wala po akong alam.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    1 thing I can say about this is, Don't Break your pimples. You'll cause scars. Better to let it go away on it's own.

Just have a good daily hygiene, drink lots of water, and choose a soap for your face that doesn't leave it so dry.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i have acne in my genes, so the best we (meaning me and my derma) can do is control it. i've got like seven topical solutions that i apply every night.

it's still there, but it's doesn't go full blown, like my eldest brother has.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    do those silicone strips for scars work? may nakita akong ganon dati sa mga home tv shopping channels. para siyang sticker na medyo makapal and you leave in overnight sa skin ata. i think may mga ganon dito sa states that you can buy sa pharmacy, but i never bothered to check.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Acne Problems and Solutions