New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    yeah but did you get the point? it was not about FC. it was about living near where you work. save time, save gas, better life too. read it again please.
    I had thought the topic was about "6 fuel economy myths" - I thought that was the point.

Merry Christmas to you, too.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    I had thought the topic was about "6 fuel economy myths" - I thought that was the point.

Merry Christmas to you, too.
    you replied specifically to my post. why quote me when you had the first post of the TS in mind? yeah, merry xmas.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    As a vehicle ages, its fuel economy decreases significantly.
    Not true. As long as it's maintained, a 10- or 15-year-old car should have like-new mileage. The key thing is maintenance–an out-of-tune car will definitely start to decline mileage-wise.

i agree with this.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    It's somewhat of a misconception that a higher weight oil would necessarily offer better protection. It has more to do with engine tolerances. Simply put, modern engines that are certified for 0W20 have very tight tolerances and using thicker oils can prove to be detrimental. It takes more energy to push heavier oils into passageways, orifices and between moving components. If the oil is too thick, it may not be able to protect parts that are practically molecules apart. Thicker oils can also bring up the oil pressure that can weaken or break seals.

Just a word of caution.
    Ah okay sir. I didn't realize that modern engine specification is already '20'. Usually kasi 30 or 40 ang recommened ng car manufacturers.Anyway, noted n that sr.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Ah okay sir. I didn't realize that modern engine specification is already '20'. Usually kasi 30 or 40 ang recommened ng car manufacturers.Anyway, noted n that sr.
    Not necessarily "all modern engines". Sorry for the confusion. Manufacturers typically have the final say. I've only read up about Honda and they do say that 20 weight can be used on their gasoline engines 2001 to present.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Replacing your air filter helps your car run efficiently.
    Another outdated claim, dating back to the pre-1976 carburetor days. Fuel-injection engines don't get economy benefits from a clean air filter.

This is just plain stupid.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    much consisitent ang FC ng diesel engine as compared with gas engine.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Replacing your air filter helps your car run efficiently.
    Another outdated claim, dating back to the pre-1976 carburetor days. Fuel-injection engines don't get economy benefits from a clean air filter.

This is just plain stupid.
    True, since the MAF/MAP sensors can read the airflow and adjust the A/F accordingly so with my case in a well-maintained, modern EFI engine, whether i'm due for servicing or not, the FC is pretty much spot-on consistent. It'll only be affected if something is seriously wrong, or if your filter is seriously dirty. In contrast, with a carb engine, one has to be adept at adjusting idle and a/f mixtures from time to time.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Yebo, sama mo na rin yun GF. Kung taga-North ka, dapat GF mo taga dun din. Hahaha.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2
    Hmmmm.... parang may pinariringgan ka, ha, bro.renz?....

17.7K:santas:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    True, since the MAF/MAP sensors can read the airflow and adjust the A/F accordingly so with my case in a well-maintained, modern EFI engine, whether i'm due for servicing or not, the FC is pretty much spot-on consistent. It'll only be affected if something is seriously wrong, or if your filter is seriously dirty. In contrast, with a carb engine, one has to be adept at adjusting idle and a/f mixtures from time to time.
    so even with replacing the air filter with so called sporty hks or k&n will not make the car more responsive? sorry really confused on this as i have been thinking to have this upgrade in mind

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
6 Gas Mileage Myths