New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Re: Pabahay schemes .. most of the real beneficiaries of those programs have either sold their units or rented them out, then returned to squatting. Or went somewhere else. Real world scenario there. No stereotyping.

Funny how these people can afford to drink and play tong-its all afternoon! As compared to the real working class. No small wonder that guy who owns Emperador Brandy is so rich!

Expect more people from the provinces coming here to Manila for a slice of the "good-life". I was once a hillbilly farm boy until I decided to strike it out here in the big city, by God's grace and sheer "banat ng buto" determination, my wife and I got to where we are now.

Expect more and more idle rural lands being sold or given up by families who no longer need them since the children are settled in the big cities .......... That's where we come in ..
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; July 3rd, 2012 at 06:34 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Call it anything you want, but its the truth here in this country. And what's "feudalistic" about it? They get paid for their work, they have the money to buy the things that one does not want anymore. They have the freedom to use their hard earned cash on anything that they wish.

Case in point: Yung messenger ko dito sa office naka Samsung touch sceen ultra high tech phone model I don't know sorry. Why? because gusto nya at binili nya yun, yet he lives around the slums in Guadalupe. I have a beat up MyPhone, I have money, but I dont wanna spend it on an expensive top notch branded phone that I would not even know how to fully utilize/use. I live in a middle class subdivision in the suburbs.

Is that exploitation?
    Hindi naman kaya "GSM" ang phone ng iyong Messenger, bro.?...

16.1K:nerves:

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    That's the Old World, Feudalistic thinking that has kept the PH the way it is.

Keep them Poor, Keep them Stupid.....so we can exploit them.

May janitor, sikyo and waitress in progressive nations like Singapore or Canada. Do they have to be from Squatter areas?
    I believe they want to remain that way, not stupid, but that status lang talaga. and masaya na sila duon.

I think it's time for us to stop dreaming that our country or our countrymen will also be equals in the eyes of the world. na tipong lahat edukado, lahat may breeding or dapat may magandang buhay. sadyang maraming tao talaga na walang drive to excel or not too ambitious.

well, i really can't blame them bec. you lang ang stress level nila eh. some guys are just brawn and some are brains.

i don't want our country to become a Singapore. alam nyo ba na sobrang hirap tumira sa Singapore, oo nga earn ka like what 200K/month pero more than half nuon napupunta sa high standard of living sa Sing. mas maganda yun mga slums dito and poor for us to be rated by the international community as poor people and therefore, mas mura ang food and basic necessities.

take for example, Big Macs and burgers, tayo na ang may pinakamurang Big Mac sa buong mundo sa tingin ko. and I believe tayo na din ang may pinakamura RTW, and now, we're also approaching to be cheaper in electronics as compared to sing or HK.

we should thank the poor for that. if not for their numbers, i-rerate tayo ng intl. community na progressive and therefore, i-jujustify nila ang mas mataas ng presyo ng mga products and services nila.

been to China, alam nyo ba na halos wala ako nabile duon kase mas mura pa dito. eh kasi lagi laman ng news ang China eh, progressive, fast economic growth etc. etc. so ambilis din tumaaas ang standard of living. yan ang problema ng positive media, kaya ok talaga ang negative media dito sa'tin. so that a lot of weak people can be easily discouraged and therefore be in despair, and remain poor. if many are poor, then mura ang standard of living.

sometimes, ngaun as in naintindihan ko na. we are blessed with having corrupt politicians and corrupt practices. ang ganda ng outcome eh. kaya nga kita nyo mga mayayaman dito sa'tin would rather stay here than in the states nor Europe. eh kasi may marami nabibili ang pera nila dito kaysa sa progressive countries.

and also we should also be thankful for the Catholic Church by denying all contraceptives methods, lalo tayo dumadami and therefore, more people are created. so kahit ano improvement sa GDP or growth na din, balewala kung ibabase sa nadadagdag na Pinoy.

Manila is the rich and educated paradise. kaya kung gusto nyo mag-benefit dito, then magsikap din kayo not to think like the poor - yun blame ng blame, complain ng complain, tapos kabig ng kabig. be fit, be smart, don't be greedy, think out of the box. ako floater ako ngaun eh, walang permanent business d tulad ng dati may mga office/shops pa, sa nakikita ko papatayin talaga ako ng overhead coz tangible business mo eh, babanatan ka talaga ng munisipyo, bir, employees etc. etc. so I did my homework, and so far mas happy pa ako ngaun kase alam nyo ba kung ano talaga ang pinaka-secret ng isang magaling na businessmen - behavioral science. parang stock market, yun mga number crunchers/accountants walang sinabi sa market pero kita mo naman ang mga top investors sa buong mundo laging kungdi psychology eh behavioral science major.
    Last edited by pop3corn; July 5th, 2012 at 05:05 AM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    I believe they want to remain that way, not stupid, but that status lang talaga. and masaya na sila duon.

I think it's time for us to stop dreaming that our country or our countrymen will also be equals in the eyes of the world. na tipong lahat edukado, lahat may breeding or dapat may magandang buhay. sadyang maraming tao talaga na walang drive to excel or not too ambitious.

well, i really can't blame them bec. you lang ang stress level nila eh. some guys are just brawn and some are brains.

i don't want our country to become a Singapore. alam nyo ba na sobrang hirap tumira sa Singapore, oo nga earn ka like what 200K/month pero more than half nuon napupunta sa high standard of living sa Sing. mas maganda yun mga slums dito and poor for us to be rated by the international community as poor people and therefore, mas mura ang food and basic necessities.

take for example, Big Macs and burgers, tayo na ang may pinakamurang Big Mac sa buong mundo sa tingin ko. and I believe tayo na din ang may pinakamura RTW, and now, we're also approaching to be cheaper in electronics as compared to sing or HK.

we should thank the poor for that. if not for their numbers, i-rerate tayo ng intl. community na progressive and therefore, i-jujustify nila ang mas mataas ng presyo ng mga products and services nila.

been to China, alam nyo ba na halos wala ako nabile duon kase mas mura pa dito. eh kasi lagi laman ng news ang China eh, progressive, fast economic growth etc. etc. so ambilis din tumaaas ang standard of living. yan ang problema ng positive media, kaya ok talaga ang negative media dito sa'tin. so that a lot of weak people can be easily discouraged and therefore be in despair, and remain poor. if many are poor, then mura ang standard of living.

sometimes, ngaun as in naintindihan ko na. we are blessed with having corrupt politicians and corrupt practices. ang ganda ng outcome eh. kaya nga kita nyo mga mayayaman dito sa'tin would rather stay here than in the states nor Europe. eh kasi may marami nabibili ang pera nila dito kaysa sa progressive countries.

and also we should also be thankful for the Catholic Church by denying all contraceptives methods, lalo tayo dumadami and therefore, more people are created. so kahit ano improvement sa GDP or growth na din, balewala kung ibabase sa nadadagdag na Pinoy.

Manila is the rich and educated paradise. kaya kung gusto nyo mag-benefit dito, then magsikap din kayo not to think like the poor - yun blame ng blame, complain ng complain, tapos kabig ng kabig. be fit, be smart, don't be greedy, think out of the box. ako floater ako ngaun eh, walang permanent business d tulad ng dati may mga office/shops pa, sa nakikita ko papatayin talaga ako ng overhead coz tangible business mo eh, babanatan ka talaga ng munisipyo, bir, employees etc. etc. so I did my homework, and so far mas happy pa ako ngaun kase alam nyo ba kung ano talaga ang pinaka-secret ng isang magaling na businessmen - behavioral science. parang stock market, yun mga number crunchers/accountants walang sinabi sa market pero kita mo naman ang mga top investors sa buong mundo laging kungdi psychology eh behavioral science major.
    Juan Tamad mentality...Be lazy, be a bum in other words, don't strive to be better... Cuz God will provide. Kaya naiwanan na tayo ng mga kapitbahay na bansa. Be contented in squalor you are living in, cuz it's better that way...
    Last edited by Monseratto; July 5th, 2012 at 08:31 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    so I did my homework, and so far mas happy pa ako ngaun kase alam nyo ba kung ano talaga ang pinaka-secret ng isang magaling na businessmen - behavioral science. parang stock market, yun mga number crunchers/accountants walang sinabi sa market pero kita mo naman ang mga top investors sa buong mundo laging kungdi psychology eh behavioral science major.
    Bakit bro.pop3corn,- iyan ba ang tinapos mong kurso sa Eskwelahang mahirap ang parking?....

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Hindi naman kaya "GSM" ang phone ng iyong Messenger, bro.?...

Hahaha .. yan ang hindi ko alam.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Hahaha .. yan ang hindi ko alam.
    Isa pa bro,- walang sinabi ang Samsung touch screen ultra high tech phone ng inyong messenger laban sa iyong jumper cables....

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bakit bro.pop3corn,- iyan ba ang tinapos mong kurso sa Eskwelahang mahirap ang parking?....

hinde naman yan tinapos ko dun. pero behavioral science is best appreciated pag nag-employee ka na then failed, then nag-business ka na then failed. it makes you see things that aren't and act accordingly

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    hinde naman yan tinapos ko dun. pero behavioral science is best appreciated pag nag-employee ka na then failed, then nag-business ka na then failed. it makes you see things that aren't and act accordingly
    Agree with you in that respect bro.,- but for most of us, our savvy for behavioral sciences is acquired through years of experience.

There is this necessary flip-flop-ping of stance for example from a Technical Manager to a People Manager to be able to accomplish strategic projects in the organization.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123