New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by civic1990
    Popcom is wrong. Why?

1. The Philippines is not overpopulated. Our population density is only 255 people/square kilometer versus Hongkong, Singapore, Japan which have over 6,000 people per square kilometer.

2. Poverty is not caused by overpopulation. Poverty is caused by corruption and bad governance. In the 1960's, the Philippines was only second to Japan in being the most modern country in Asia, and yet, a family averages 7 children during that time.

3. Atienza did not OUTLAW condoms in Manila. You can still buy it in drugstores.

4. Pills are abortifacients i.e. a form of abortion. Their primary action is to make the uterus lining inhabitable thereby causing the fertilized ovum to fail to implant.
    no, some of your logic is faulty.

overpopulation is not just a function of density but also the ability of the country to support the population with resources, jobs, infrastructure and services. in the 60's pinoy families could have 7 children because the country still had capacity and was still growing. the sahara desert could have 100 ppl/sqkm and still be overpopulated (i just made up those numbers but you see where i'm going)

i partially agree with you that bad governance is a cause of poverty in the philippines. so is overpopulation, lack of opportunities/resources, and inequality of wealth distribution.

please don't think that i'm attacking you here. just disagreeing with you in a friendly way

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    5,800 Filipinos born in every 24 hours!!!
    Totoo yan. Nag-duduty ako sa Fabella hospital dati. Hindi pa ko tapos sa isa, may lumalabas na namang bago!!! Hay...

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    regarding corruption & businessmen, corruption grows with population and corruption only exists when there is investment. ....
    ... you see, it's just a matter of interpretation.
    and i beg to differ on your interpretation... kahit gano kadami pa ang investment, if the system here in the philippines is already efficient, then you won't need to bribe anybody just so you can get things done... in short.. this I say:

INEFFICIENCY BREEDS CORRUPTION...

example na lang.. when you open a business... ang dami mong paperwork na dapat kumpletuhin... takes them days or weeks... so you don't wanna wait... and you're willing to pay.. o di sige.. tuloy, mas gusto na ng govt na magin inefficient kasi nga kumikita sila on the side...

if we force the govt to be efficient... then corruption will be cut by a very very big margin...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Hehe, umalma nanaman ang simbahan. Paminsan minsan kasi kailangan pinapairal ang common sense. Bakit may mga paring nangmomolestiya? Bakit may mga santo papang hudas? Kasi, mga tao lang sila. Tulad ng isang couple, hindi maiiwasang tawagin ang mga ito ng laman na kalimitang humahantong sa maling pagbubuntis. Buti sana kung willing ang simbahan na sustentuhan ang mga naghihikahos na couple na maraming anak. Kaso hindi naman, kahit na ang dami nilang pera. Anyways, no offense sa mga mahigpit ang paniniwala sa mga turo ng simbahan, inihahayag ko lang ang pananaw ko. ;)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    simbahan nandyan, maniwala kayo o hindi, wala problema, takutin ka pa punta empyerno, pag may anak ka hindi mapapakain, impyerno na yan sa anak mo, mamili ka,

yung catholic church natin dito power peddler, ginatungnan at sinumulan ang jueteng issue again, then they are proposing or advocating na ang bishop ang mag cecertify na wala jueteng sa area, wtf, ano gusto nila, sila mag sasabi o mag didicta kung sino matatangal ng police chief o Mayor dahil sa whistle blowing nila?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy
    and i beg to differ on your interpretation...

INEFFICIENCY BREEDS CORRUPTION...

if we force the govt to be efficient... then corruption will be cut by a very very big margin...

very true. but how do you force a govt. to become efficient? or let me rephrase that question, if you are a govt. official, what steps will you take to make this govt. efficient?

this is easy if you're running a private corporation. you may want to hire efficiency managers to point out areas which are contributing to the inefficiency such as redundant employees & jobs functions. Efficiency managers may also limit the company's clientele, so that the company can effectively and efficiently serve better the remaining preferred clients. Hence, the origin of the term "downsizing".

As a govt. official, can you apply this strategy, in order to achieve efficiency? can you announce to the entire population:

"mga kababayan, kailangan natin ayusin at linisin ang gobyerno para mapaganda ang serbisyo. nagpagkasunduan namin mga opisyal na i-downsize muna ang mga pinoy to 40M, yun remaining 40M bahala muna kayo sa sarili nyo. sa 40M, mas mabilis at mas epektibo ang serbisyo ng gobyerno, kasi mas manageable!."

Can our govt. do this? I think not. That's why there is a constitution in place, equal rights for all.

then again, you're right in pointing out that inefficiency breeds corruption. but what really contributes to this inefficiency? or the "root cause" of this? still it's the population problem. There's too many to serve, too many to manage.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    actually tama si sir kimpoy if you've ever been to the provinces specially sa bandang visayas and mindanao naku walang overpopulation doon... malawak lahat malaki.. malumanay... ang metro manila lang talaga siksikan lahat

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by pissword
    actually tama si sir kimpoy if you've ever been to the provinces specially sa bandang visayas and mindanao naku walang overpopulation doon... malawak lahat malaki.. malumanay... ang metro manila lang talaga siksikan lahat
    yep on minor cities hindi overpopulated, even in davao or cebu. not like MM na di mo alam san sisiksik.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    no, some of your logic is faulty.

overpopulation is not just a function of density but also the ability of the country to support the population with resources, jobs, infrastructure and services. in the 60's pinoy families could have 7 children because the country still had capacity and was still growing. the sahara desert could have 100 ppl/sqkm and still be overpopulated (i just made up those numbers but you see where i'm going)

i partially agree with you that bad governance is a cause of poverty in the philippines. so is overpopulation, lack of opportunities/resources, and inequality of wealth distribution.

please don't think that i'm attacking you here. just disagreeing with you in a friendly way
    Hi M54 Powered,

No worries, I am treating this as a friendly discussion. As I mentioned earlier, I too used to believe the overpopulation propaganda so I fully understand where you guys are coming from.

I will answer your point and also fellow forumer's Mojo's comments because it is on resources:

1. The Philippines has adequate resources. Look at the countries I mentioned earlier which has a population density of 6,000/Sq. kilometer. These are Japan, HK, and Singapore. Lahat iyan, small countries WITH NO NATURAL RESOURCES WHATEVER. Japan, with all their big cities and tall buildings, where did you think they got their wood, steel, cement, etc??
    My point is that these countries have NO natural resources, A BIG POPULATION DENSITY, and YET are more progressive than us (your Sahara desert example). So again, it is a question of good governance.

2. I know you are aware of newspaper reports about the Philippines ranking #2 as the most corrupt Asian nation. But did you know that a World Bank study report estimates that we lose P200 BILLION (yes Billion, not Million) ANNUALLY to graft and corruption?

Do the math. That is a lot of infrastructure, projects, shelter!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    bro
    Paki verify yung 6k/km2 na population density ng japan

http://www.mlit.go.jp/river/english/land.html

hindi ata 6k/km2 ang density, its around 327/km2, grossly inflated ang figures.

the only figure nearing the 6k/km2 figure u gave is for tokyo.

http://www.jref.com/society/japan_pr...p_capita.shtml

Yung sa manila city naman nasa n 44k/km2 ang density. di man lang lumapit tokyo

http://www.demographia.com/db-dense-nhd.htm

yung philippines 255/km2 ang density.

http://www.census.gov.ph/data/pressr.../pr0130tx.html

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
5,800 Filipinos born in every 24 hours!!!