New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Sir Batman..tanong ko lang kung magkano ang bentahan mo nang mini copper..gusto kung magkaroon nyan eh..
    Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    batman, bro....pang ilan na yan...ganda ah!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rey_rya View Post
    batman, bro....pang ilan na yan...ganda ah!
    Ewan ko sir kung pangilan na ito na dumaan na mini sakin pero just finishing it up and selling it after kasi manganganak si commander. Buo na lang ako ulit next year.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    re: Second gear... Oo nga eh. Malamang worn out na siya. I'm getting good advice from Batman and Nany (Rohan's recommendation).

Looks like my fuel line is also a bit dirty kasi parang may bara pag stina-start. However, when the engine begins running ok na siya.

By summer of next year I'll have my mini repainted na. I'm thinking of British racing green or yung red na pang sport. Any other colors you guys think I should consider? :-)

Daily ride ko yung mini ngayon. Honda Magallanes had this promo to repaint your car for what it would cost outside, and I was having body work done on my Jazz, so I decided to go for it. Sobrang panget ng pagka gawa--tipong hindi mukhang gawang Casa. The former owner of my mini, Jhun, saw the work and he commented on how bad it looked and pointed out where the top coat was practically showing, how there were swirls even if the paint job was just a few days old, and I showed him literal spots on my spoiler and hood that were not even painted over. I doubt I'd ever have any paint work done there again, kahit casa pa siya. So now, the Jazz is back with them and they are repeating the paintjob. At least that's the upside of having it done there. With the proper amount of complaining and escalation, gagawin nila ulit free of charge. Well, the upside is that I get to drive my mini all the time. I took two American colleagues to Greenhills in it and that was a riot :-)

Finally, I was hoping to meet other mini owners this Saturday night sa Petron BlueWave. Are there any plans of meeting up this weekend?

Thanks everyone! Have a great week! :-) Time to work nanaman...

Exx

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Mga tsong at tsang,

So I was driving to Antipolo last weekend, and I noticed smoke coming from the hole near my ignition keyhole. SMOKE! Yaaagh!

Turning off the A/C, for some reason, resulted in the smoke disappearing completely. Upon getting to Antipolo, I took apart the housing and noticed that there was some glue where the screw went through, and decided to keep it off on the drive home. No more smoke, thank goodness. It was most likely the glue burning because of a hot component or wire.

On the way down to Manila, I felt around to see which part was heating up, and it was the wires leading to the ignition. Ganun ba talaga yun? Does it really heat up to a point na halos nakaka paso? (Okay, so I wasn't too smart feeling around for a hot area, but when you are concerned about what causes glue to burn mejo may halo nang panic yun. Ehehehe. That's my cover up for my un-smart move. Haha! )

So, to make a long post short... ganun ba talaga yung wires to the ignition? I have yet to check if it cools down when the A/C is shut off. Some *#$% removed my fuse leading to the A/C way back to the days when I was with a certain mechanic whom I will not name here (he's getting enough bad press as it is... basta stick to the referrals of Batman, Rohan and the forum nalang). He did it to keep the fuse from popping, which it did, each time i used it back in those days. Oh, well.

Anyway, my buddy and I are planning to take lessons to learn how to build minis. I'll keep you all posted on how that goes. Shempre mini ko yung repair target. I suppose this desire to learn how to tinker with the car goes back to my R/C days. Too bad R/C's don't have synchronizers!!! Haha!

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. I'm currently confined here at Makati Med due to abdominal pain, living on tasteless soup and gelatin. Mga tsong at tsang, never has it been so apparent to me that health is wealth. Kung mga mini natin eh todo check-up, dapat tayo din. Hay. What I wouldn't do right now for a piece of Mini-Stop chicken. Kahit yung lang...

Ciao, guys! Happy driving and surfing!

Exx (or half of me, granted that I am being starved to death... )

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hello ulit everyone,

Do we have a formal venue for membership and events and stuff like that dito sa Pinas? i read something about the "club's HQ" being at Greenhills. Is anyone a part of that?

I also want to put up a mini-oriented business next year when I save up enough capital. Baka may interesado jan. Our vision would be to get everyone a mini. Heck, if we can drive costs down to that of owner jeeps eh bakit pa may bibili ng owner? Haha. Sorry, guys, the drugs are probably making me delirious. Doesn't hurt to dream, ey?

Rohan, any plans of resurrecting the mini racing scene? I just read your posts on manifolds (like we discussed on the phone) and I think that will be my next upgrade. It makes great sense. Any more great articles?

Exx

PS - this can of Liver Spread never looked so good......

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hello ulit everyone,

Do we have a formal venue for membership and events and stuff like that dito sa Pinas? i read something about the "club's HQ" being at Greenhills. Is anyone a part of that?

I also want to put up a mini-oriented business next year when I save up enough capital. Baka may interesado jan. Our vision would be to get everyone a mini. Heck, if we can drive costs down to that of owner jeeps eh bakit pa may bibili ng owner? Haha. Sorry, guys, the drugs are probably making me delirious. Doesn't hurt to dream, ey?

Rohan, any plans of resurrecting the mini racing scene? I just read your posts on manifolds (like we discussed on the phone) and I think that will be my next upgrade. It makes great sense. Any more great articles?

Exx

PS - a of Liver Spread never looked this good......

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    typo correction lang... a CAN of liver spread never looked this good. Hahaha!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Bro madali lang yan heating wire problem mo! Lagyan mo ng relay ang mainline going to your ignition switch. Hindi na nya kaya load kaya nag iinit sya. The relay will stabilize the power running thru that wire.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Bro madali lang yan heating wire problem mo! Lagyan mo ng relay ang mainline going to your ignition switch. Hindi na nya kaya load kaya nag iinit sya. The relay will stabilize the power running thru that wire.
    Bro, yung relay ba is a kind of resistor? I'm reading up on automotive electronics and this book is really good. It looks like a text book pero it's easy to read. It's called "Electric and Electronic Systems for Automobiles and Trucks" by Robert N. Brady. Got it at BookSale for 300 pesos.

It begins by giving the reader an understanding of the concept of electricity by comparing it to water pressure and the related components. There are several components to create water pressure: the force creating water pressure, the volume of water involved, and the amount of resistance that the water encounters as it flows.

Electricity is the same way. There is a source that causes the electricity to flow, current has volume and this current also encounters resistance which is usually manifested as heat in your wires. The force "pumping" out the electricity is measured in Volts, the volume of electricity is measured in Amperes and the resistance is measured in Ohms. To control resistance, resistors are used to reduce the amount of current (or Amps) flowing through that part of the circuit, which is why I am asking about relays being resistors.

I've been tinkering with electrical and electronic devices my whole life, but I have to admit I never had a great understanding of how electricity all worked in the first place. Yun lang, natuwa lang ako sa libro. So even while I am at risk of looking like a geek reading a text book everywhere I go, ayun binabanatan ko yung libro.

I hope to find time to visit your shop and see your project car this weekend. Text kita bro, pag mejo lumakas na tong "dextrose arm" ko .

Thanks,

Exx:freedom:

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Mini Workshop