New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hi Rasputin, Rohan and Miniholic,

Thanks for the referrals I will check all of them out and compare price points. So far I have problems with my 2nd gear (mababa yung clutch) tapos namamatay yung makina after prolonged A/C use. Bad trip kasi hindi naman ganito when I bought it; nung pinaayos ko yung guages ko at ginalaw yung electronics medyo sumablay bigla yung electrical balance.

Daily ride ko ngayon yung mini. Nakakabisado ko na yung theme song ni Mr. Bean kasi windows down ako lagi (no A/C eh!) sabay maraming kumakanta sa paligid habang dumadaan ako. Hahaha! :bounceD: :car:

Thanks again :-) If possible, can you let me know kung saan yung Petron BlueWave? NLEX? South Super?

Best regards,
    Exx

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hi everyone,

i've been having serious issues with my a/c unit since i started having the electrical system of my mini repaired.

for some reason, the engine dies on me within 10 minutes of using the car, even without any other electrical device on.

this started happening after the electrician removed the fuse from the A/C system 'cause the fuse kept blowing up.

frankly, i thought that was a dumb thing to do, and sure enough it seems na lumalala lang yung auto. that's why i decided to start bringing my mini elsewhere.

i intend to visit batman in the near future, kaso my being in makati prevents that from being a regular occurrence. i really want quality repairs done to my mini (as i am sure we all do, being mini addicts); does anyone have a recommendation on a/c systems and wiring?

this is the first of many things i want to improve. i'll post another question shortly after this :-)

btw, i am expecting a Haynes manual delivered soon. just in case there are any mechanics out there who need help via a diagram.

regards,
    exx

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hi everyone,

meron din akong problema with my clutch settings. pag galing 3rd gear, i can't shift into 2nd gear without the grinding sound (kahit sagad yung tapak, hindi parin smooth yung pasok to 2nd), unless i am going 20 kph or less.

anyone have any suggestions on what is wrong?

thanks,
    exx

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Looks like exx is having problems with his MINI. Best bet mo talaga is to bring the unit to batman or to miniracer's shop.

At least sa Makati ka lang. Ako, sa alabang pa ako and I bring it all the way to batman and miniracer for service. Dito ko rin lang sa thread na eto nalaman na may shop din sa alabang. But, I'm pretty happy with both Batman and miniracer

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rota wheels wrx View Post
    Looks like exx is having problems with his MINI. Best bet mo talaga is to bring the unit to batman or to miniracer's shop.

At least sa Makati ka lang. Ako, sa alabang pa ako and I bring it all the way to batman and miniracer for service. Dito ko rin lang sa thread na eto nalaman na may shop din sa alabang. But, I'm pretty happy with both Batman and miniracer
    Oonga eh Cge, rota, i'll definitely bring it to either Batman or MiniRacer. I'll also see who Rohan recommends. Thanks again for the input.

One nice thing about being in Alabang is the fact na pwede kang humataw sa SkyWay--and see the astonished looks on those VTECH peeps who see a tiny little mini scoot around them. Haha! Slow down a bit para they can take a picture of your mini. Yun nga lang, the toll is pricey

TY ulit!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Sir exx,
    Yung pag die down ng engine could be both electrical and mechanical. Baka lang na tyempo lang yung pagkalikot ng fuse ng mechanic but still, I agree that mali na tangalin nya fuse. Will surely help you if only you can bring your car over para ma diagnose natin. Regarding your gearing problem, baka may problema na synchronizer mo kaya may sabit. Check mo muna din baka may hangin lang your clutch line. try bleeding it first. Feel free to get intouch.. 3731862, 09173255414, 09223084086.

Carlos a.k.a. Batman

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    It's nice to know that there are Mini workshops around. Matagal ko na kasing gusto magka Mini ever since...

1960s - Saw a Mini chasing and catching up with a big fin tail Mercedes on tv (one of those secret agent shows na uso noon). Then our Dad took us to a drag race where a Mini beat an open topped sports car.

1970s - Watched circuit races (Ortigas?) on tv where a Mini regularly won against bigger cars.

1980s - Considered buying a yellow Mini with a flip front and a full race engine. Had to walk away from that one because it would have taken a good part of my savings.

1990s - Robin Clark's fiberglass bodied PMC Mini comes out. Almost bought one, but PMC closed.

2000s - ???

--------------------------------

Questions for the Mini experts:

1) Can the A-series engine run on biofuels?
    2) Is it worth getting a fuel injected Mini or is it better to stick with carburators? Will it be a hassle to service and get parts for a fuel injected Mini?
    3) Can the Mini workshops mentioned in this thread do an engine transplant on a Mini, like dropping a Vtec into a Mini? Reasons for doing a transplant: performance, reliability, 5-speed, fuel injection, and Bio Fuels Act.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    answers:
    1. not sure, but most A+ engines are unleaded ready so no reason why a normal car can run bio fuel and a mini can't.
    2.they perform closely, both have advantages and disadvantages, same as a normal car. there is very little to none, injection parts available. injected mini engines have more power due to higher engine specs.
    3. yes. its all about the cost. its not cheap to drop a vtec into a mini as the subframe and other things needed is around US$ 3k up in kit form. same with a 5-speed tranny, dohc head, 7 port head, superchargers, etc.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks, miniracer. My concern about biofuels is that these might not be compatible with some components of the fuel line such as hoses or seals. Has anyone tried running E10 fuel in their classic Mnis?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    havent used E10 yet, but the mini uses the same rubber fuel hose and seals as every other car so if it works with no problem with other cars then same with the mini.

Mini Workshop