New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Mini Guys,

I juat want to ask if any of you guys have tried converting your Mini's to electronic ignition specifically using the Pertronix Ignitor kits or something similar. I'm thinking of converting.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Sir vince, I was fortunate to install a petronix on a mini. However we got this from UK na for minis talaga. The mini functioned better for it was running smoother and tumipid sya sa gas since gumanda ang burning nya ng gas. The car became easier to start in cold mornings. Try mo putting one in your car and you will feel the difference.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Mini Mania has a pertronix kit made for the Mini also. I might just try it given that batman has given it his seal of approval. Sometimes, you can feel the contact point arc at high RPM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    installed one dati sa ALFA ROMEO GTV, gumanda andar and easier starting nga. I would prefer the pertronix kits kasi easy to install and easy to remove and go back to points if ever magloko. With points kasi kahit pupugakpugak uuwi ka, sa electronics pag nagloko, dead on the road ka. Plus I always felt the slight lag of electronic ignition sa modified engines, stock no difference. Mas revvy kung naka points kaso it lasts so short yung feeling.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I checked out Pertronix's website but it doesnt specify which kits are applicable for a particular distributor. Does this mean you can just buy a kit tapos diretso salpak na yun na parang universal yung ignitor kit? I read kasi sa VWCP na may locally available na kits in one of the shops sa araneta gamit ng mga beetle guys sa bosch dizzy nila.

Sir Batman anong klaseng Pertronix ba yung pang mini?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Sir visit mo site ng minispares and you will find there the petronix for the mini. Thats where i got it. It cost me around 5.5k landed cost. If the one for the volks is near that price I suggest that you order the one for the mini na lang para walang sablay. Sayang lang kung bilin mo yung sa volks then hindi uubra.

Click on to this link : http://www.minispares.com/Shop.aspx?ccid=090802

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir nakita ko na yung link ng minispares check ko lang ngayon anong type ng distributor ko pero i think later model to. Question lang pano mo pina-ship sa minispares UPS ba? may duties pa ba? Sa akin worth it na kung 5.5k cost nya. Mahal lang kasi shipping pero the item itself ok na ang price.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Sir visit mo site ng minispares and you will find there the petronix for the mini. Thats where i got it. It cost me around 5.5k landed cost. If the one for the volks is near that price I suggest that you order the one for the mini na lang para walang sablay. Sayang lang kung bilin mo yung sa volks then hindi uubra.

Click on to this link : http://www.minispares.com/Shop.aspx?ccid=090802

8. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Sir if you are in a hurry have it sent thru UPS pero medyo mahal. Yung sakin thru British Royal Mail and it will land in our Post Office medyo matagal nga lang mga 3 weeks and I had to pay duties of P35.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vince168 View Post
    I checked out Pertronix's website but it doesnt specify which kits are applicable for a particular distributor. Does this mean you can just buy a kit tapos diretso salpak na yun na parang universal yung ignitor kit? I read kasi sa VWCP na may locally available na kits in one of the shops sa araneta gamit ng mga beetle guys sa bosch dizzy nila.

Sir Batman anong klaseng Pertronix ba yung pang mini?
    Yung pertronix kits for bosch (volks) and lucas (mini) distributor are different. they cannot be interchanged. Order the kit specific for your mini distributor as there is also a difference in terms of distributor model.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    I realize this is an old post. But to let you guys know that I have been making electronic ignition for more than 20 years. I still do and I install it all for P2500. Personal warrranty 3 years. Bravokilo 0922 296 62 88

BK

Mini - Electronic Ignition conversion