New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Mercedes has revealed its midsize "luxury pickup" based on the Nissan NP300 Navara.

BBC - Autos - X-Class is the Mercedes-Benz of pickups

Wonder if it will catch on.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    That speaks highly of the Navara platform since it was chosen by Mercedes. Perhaps an uber pickup soon, an AMG-tuned Navara.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Not really eye catching at first sight... still waiting for the new mac reveal... 😆

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    That speaks highly of the Navara platform since it was chosen by Mercedes. Perhaps an uber pickup soon, an AMG-tuned Navara.
    I think so too. One of the Australian car review sites took the NP300 for a spin offroad and they literally launched it up into the air Dukes of Hazzard style. Made it in one piece. Then there's also part of me that says Mercedes may also have chosen the Nissan platform for cost and convenience reasons. The X Class will reportedly be made in the Nissan plant in Barcelona, Spain, and at Renault’s facility in Cordoba, Argentina. Other pickup plants from other makes are far away from the EU, where they expect to market it first.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Not really eye catching at first sight... still waiting for the new mac reveal... 😆

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    You're too kind bro. For me the front end borders on ugly The Renault Alaskan looks better.

What's interesting is there are two variants to be launched, the pearly white Stylish Explorer and the pea-green Powerful Adventurer. The Stylish Explorer is more of a lifestyle truck and the Powerful Adventurer is more of a capable off road truck.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I really don't what's the fuss about this new MB pickup when in reality its just a glorified Nissan Navara

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    I really don't what's the fuss about this new MB pickup when in reality its just a glorified Nissan Navara
    Agree. Either engot lang bibili nito or di nya alam na navara lang to

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Chedeng eh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Not really much fuss about it, it won't even be sold here. Just interesting how Mercedes sees the pickup segment as a potential money earner for them. Even the term "Luxury pickup" is ironic.