New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Turbo diesel - use 15W-40 oil. It doesn't get that cold over there so 15W-40 is just perfect.

This allows the oil to be thin when its cold, and allow easier cold starts and less wear on engine too. When it warms up the oil viscosity increases, providing adequate protection once it's had the chance to coat everything.

Water pump should have been LASO or GRAF. I'd avoid Meyle when possible.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    I'd avoid Meyle when possible.
    +1, Meyle parts are crap. The only Meyle parts that I use is the fuel filter for gas models since I change it annually with an average usage of only 5,000km.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    oh boy, hope the pump I got doesn't give me problems, nakakabit na eh!

thanks for the info guys,would take this consideration the next time. so all meyle parts are crap?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Not all Meyle parts are bad, but if you have a choice get other brands first.

The more expensive the item, the more it should be original MB or OEM. But this means if Meyle is OEM then they are a good brand. In a way, better than cheap generic ones, yes. But they're at the bottom of the OEM manufacturers list, along with URO. Hence my first sentence above to get better brands first (kumbaga, go through the list of good brands first down to bad ones kung wala talaga at gipit sa oras - notice I did not say if gipit sa pera - because if you use the cheaper one dahil kulang sa pera, then you might have to pay once more when it goes bad prematurely).

You get what you pay for with good quality brands, and unfortunately this rings true as well for cheaper "OEM" brands (I can't recall any part that was original MB and had Meyle brand on them).
    Last edited by mbeige; April 2nd, 2011 at 12:10 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Thanks to everyone for the inputs. No I know better...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    typo...i meant to say Now I know better. hehe

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    After Tagaytay 2 weeks ago, I had the guts to bring Bruno further out to subic. There were 3 of us with some tools at the trunk, ride was smooth all the way from QC to NLEX to SCTEX and Subic. The wiggle at 125kph was just really annoying and a bit scary...Maybe it's just the front wheels (balance) and nothing major. I've already replaced both L&R of the lower control arm kits and bushings, ball joints, shock mounting, coil spring spacers, even my engine mounts are new!

Bad trip lang pauwi, gapang NLEX from San Simon to Bocaue toll plaza!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
W201 190d owners and lovers post here!