New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    guys.. good to be back. just to give a quick update, I removed the standard fan blade and replaced with an electric aux fan. so far, it runs at a steady 80 degrees, noon time with traffic.. so I can say its working so far. I also had the radiator fixed, it gave way during its last overheat.. malinis na tuloy. also added prestone and wilkins.. I'll post some pix para makita nyo yung conversion..

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ralliart17 View Post
    guys.. good to be back. just to give a quick update, I removed the standard fan blade and replaced with an electric aux fan. so far, it runs at a steady 80 degrees, noon time with traffic.. so I can say its working so far. I also had the radiator fixed, it gave way during its last overheat.. malinis na tuloy. also added prestone and wilkins.. I'll post some pix para makita nyo yung conversion..

thanks!
    Great to hear that update! Hope your MB would be good to bring you to Sept. 18's EB in Makati.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ralliart17 View Post

thanks!
    I highly suggest you drain out the Prestone stuff and replace it either with a FEBI brand coolant, or the original MB brand coolant.

Question, did you augment the AC fan with another one?
    You have two electric fans now?
    How's your alternator/charging system holding up to the added power demand?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    I highly suggest you drain out the Prestone stuff and replace it either with a FEBI brand coolant, or the original MB brand coolant.

Question, did you augment the AC fan with another one?
    You have two electric fans now?
    How's your alternator/charging system holding up to the added power demand?
    yup, it now has 2 electric fans, 1 in the front (original) and one at the back, modified the radiator to accomodate the brackets of the new aux fan. so far, the alternator is ok, we have to put relays to each fan to avoid power fluctuations. We also added 1 relay to the ignition coil to maintain 13 volts supply. When the aircon compressor is engaged, the voltage reading goes down to 12 with out the relay.

I look for the orig MB coolant.

Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Great to hear that update! Hope your MB would be good to bring you to Sept. 18's EB in Makati.
    let me know kung san sa makati so I can drop by.. pero, the paint of my 201 is not good anymore.. too shy to join..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    walang shy shy!.. hehehe. MB is still an MB.. kupas or makintab man yan sir!. =D

I believe the EB on September 18 is at Allegro in p. tamo ext. 4PM onwards ata. =D

I still don't know if my schedule would be free on that day, but i'll try to drop by then..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
w201 (102) overheating problems