New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    newbie sa MB world here, and been really wanting to get a w124 na benz, but I shy away from gasoline variant dahil lang sa nadidinig ko na kwento about the fuel system issues and the costs. I want to graduate na sa galant and accord, and based sa mga natanungan ko na, maitenance costs probably the same but not too way high.
    So, I was offered with a W124 250D with P230K (neg) tag price. I would like to ask you guys to advice me what to look for sa diesel MB, when test driving, etc. Muka kasing malabo ako magdala ng MB mechanic kasi probinsya ang location ng unit na inaalok sa akin. Appreciate all the advise. Thanks and more power!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rdt7G View Post
    newbie sa MB world here, and been really wanting to get a w124 na benz, but I shy away from gasoline variant dahil lang sa nadidinig ko na kwento about the fuel system issues and the costs. I want to graduate na sa galant and accord, and based sa mga natanungan ko na, maitenance costs probably the same but not too way high.
    So, I was offered with a W124 250D with P230K (neg) tag price. I would like to ask you guys to advice me what to look for sa diesel MB, when test driving, etc. Muka kasing malabo ako magdala ng MB mechanic kasi probinsya ang location ng unit na inaalok sa akin. Appreciate all the advise. Thanks and more power!
    Nice! 250d. I have a friend who has one.

I would not pretend to know the answer to your question but would rather (still) insist that you look for a trusted diesel (preferably MB) m,mechanic to look at the unit with you. 230k is 230k. And based from my personal experience, I would not want to make your 1st MB experience a traumatic one.

Good luck!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ask the good people at MB Club Phils.
    http://philippines.mercedes-benz-clubs.com/

they also have a facebook account
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Merced...c/188444500161

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ok salamat po for pointing the directions!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May pics ka ng unit?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rdt7G View Post

Hi, welcome to the world of Mercedes Benz. I don't have a W124 diesel, but I'd like one .. preferably in 300 Turbodiesel guise..

About your query .. If this is your first MB, I strongly suggest together with Bob, and the rest of the MBCP gang here ... that you bring an experienced MB mechanic with you in seeing the vehicle. Another thing is "condition" ... I always say this, "in an MB, mileage is irrelevant, its the condition that matters" A properly maintained MB will just run forever ... and ever! .. (no kidding)

Shop around, there are a lot of models out there in the market, don't limit yourself to just one particular variant. MB diesels are not good sprinters, unlike the petrol powered ones. Lastly, there is always the Cost of Ownership, I'll say this again too .. "nothing is more expensive than a cheap Mercedes Benz" ... if its being sold for a song, the chances of it being a moneypit is very high. So don't jump into the first juicy dealthat comes your way.

Goodluck on your first MB.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    i'll keep that in mind! Thanks again sa mga inputs nyo! I visited local MB club and of course the first thing I did was look through the photos, sarap tumitig sa benz!

* otep
    - la pa akong pics sir, pag may time this weekend, baka makauwi ako sa pagsanjan

W124 250d