New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hi, does anybody have a spare rear axle to fit w123?
    My budget is 3k.
    Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hi Atty.

Apologies for the late reply. I was'nt able to source your axles. My mechanic already sold his pair last December.

W114 / W115 / W123 axles are the same... they only differ on the bolt on the hub ... I think the W123 one is smaller.

Francis

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Sir Francis, I was able to get spare set of axles from Vic na. Hoping it would solve the knocking problem. Thank you

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by McBenz View Post
    Sir Francis, I was able to get spare set of axles from Vic na. Hoping it would solve the knocking problem. Thank you

Glad to know you have them already. Please remember to buy the boot kit I mentioned. Inside the kit/s, you will find a boot, clips/locks, and the lubricant (Mercedes specific) ... Do not use moly-grease as substitute lubricant... (it will do more harm than good)..

You'll need 4 boot kits for a pair of axles. Take note that the inner and outer boot kits are different.. so specify that when you're buying. It's best to replace all of them at once.. para isang trabaho nalang.. and they will last for a long time naman eh..

Last tip .... take your axles to a mechanic that is familiar with MB. He would know what to do in refurbishing your "new" axles..

Goodluck..

Spare Axle Anyone?