New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    guys nasagi or sinagi yung sasakyan ko habang nakapark, pagtingin basag na yung side mirror ko

then naghanap ako sa glass maker kung nagfafabricate sila ng ordiary mirrors para gawing side mirrors then nung makita nila yung sample ko sabi nila d daw nila kaya yun because of the glass curves

ayoko po magpalit ng buong assembly since ok pa naman sya, san po kaya ako makakabili ng replacement mirrors for my w201. . .

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Based on the photo, it seems you need the driverside. I wonder if the 124 and the 201 has the same sideview mirrors?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Based on the photo, it seems you need the driverside. I wonder if the 124 and the 201 has the same sideview mirrors?
    yes i think it's the same because the number on the assembly indicates that it's for a w124, where could i find these side mirror sir and how much would it usually costs

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Try calling the shops listed here for parts:

http://forum.mercedes-benz-clubs.com...ic.php?t=22298

Maybe around 2k - 4k depends on the condition and whether they are selling the glass only without the assembly.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by McBenz View Post
    Try calling the shops listed here for parts:

http://forum.mercedes-benz-clubs.com...ic.php?t=22298

Maybe around 2k - 4k depends on the condition and whether they are selling the glass only without the assembly.
    I already called some of those shops sir, but almost all of them doesn't sell glass only, and you would have to buy the whole assembly,

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly_elegance View Post
    I already called some of those shops sir, but almost all of them doesn't sell glass only, and you would have to buy the whole assembly,
    .... unless the shop was able to scavenge a damaged sideview mirror housing with a fresh mirror.

I would suggest that you buy a fresh left sideview mirror surplus than be exhausted just looking for the glass. From my knowledge, the glass may ONLY be available new.... NEW=EXPENSIVE. And as we all know, an inexperienced dude installing this mirror to the housing may crack the glass itself. Double wammy!

I believe you can get a fresh sideview mirror surplus for around 2-2.5k.... cheaper than getting a brand new glass.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    W124 and W201 mirrors are the same.

You need to know if your mirror is heated. May electric plug going to the back of the mirror lens if it's heated (for when it rains, it does not fog up).

New glass is available, I think $70 siya (P3500). Pag nakuha mo na, install it yourself. Do your homework, hanap ka ng articles online about mirror installation. Clean it up well before reinstalling para alam mo how to do it properly.

Pag pinagawa mo sa iba at nasira ulit, lalong masakit ulo mo. Practice using your bad mirror.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    W124 and W201 mirrors are the same.

You need to know if your mirror is heated. May electric plug going to the back of the mirror lens if it's heated (for when it rains, it does not fog up).

New glass is available, I think $70 siya (P3500). Pag nakuha mo na, install it yourself. Do your homework, hanap ka ng articles online about mirror installation. Clean it up well before reinstalling para alam mo how to do it properly.

Pag pinagawa mo sa iba at nasira ulit, lalong masakit ulo mo. Practice using your bad mirror.
    yes it is heated sir may electric plug sa likod ng assembly, medyo may kamahalan pala yung bagong mirror glass, may nakita nakong surplus sa Mbclub it costs about 800p kaso taga las pinas sya, i hope nagshiship sya dahil medyo malayo yung lugar nya sakin. . . . and yes napagpraktisan ko na yung luma kong mirrors and i believe na kaya ko na syang ikabit nang hindi masisira. . .

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly_elegance View Post
    yes it is heated sir may electric plug sa likod ng assembly, medyo may kamahalan pala yung bagong mirror glass, may nakita nakong surplus sa Mbclub it costs about 800p kaso taga las pinas sya, i hope nagshiship sya dahil medyo malayo yung lugar nya sakin. . . . and yes napagpraktisan ko na yung luma kong mirrors and i believe na kaya ko na syang ikabit nang hindi masisira. . .

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    bro deadly, bakit mo ni-quote sarili mo? na-excite ka siguro no?
    good luck on your side mirror. ako yung towhook cover ng w201 ko hanggang ngayun wala pa din akong makita the US version wouldn't fit on my euro baby

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
side mirror for my w201