New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ano ba mga ang recommended parking brake shoes para sa auto ko, yung mura lang since di naman kailangan ng performance parking brake shoe. . . salamat

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I use Bendix Brand.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    I use Bendix Brand.
    magkano kaya set nun sir and san maganda bumili??

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ok din yung Akebono Ceramic Pads... kaso wala ata dito sa 'pinas pa nun. Greatly reduces the brake dust.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Are your parking brake shoes worn out?... What happened?.. did you drive with the footbrake engaged?.. Maybe out of adjustment lang?..

Its quite rare ... but not impossible for these things to wear out ... IIRC ... I have never replaced my parking brake shoes ... I only adjust as necessary for it to hold the car securely.... 3 clicks and its holding...

The brake shoes themselves are quite small ... similar to the drum brake shoes of a motorcycle AFAIK ... You can have it "re-lined" if you want... there are shops doing this everywhere.. cheaper too...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Are your parking brake shoes worn out?... What happened?.. did you drive with the footbrake engaged?.. Maybe out of adjustment lang?..

Its quite rare ... but not impossible for these things to wear out ... IIRC ... I have never replaced my parking brake shoes ... I only adjust as necessary for it to hold the car securely.... 3 clicks and its holding...

The brake shoes themselves are quite small ... similar to the drum brake shoes of a motorcycle AFAIK ... You can have it "re-lined" if you want... there are shops doing this everywhere.. cheaper too...
    it's a long story, but to make it short my brother drove my car with the handbrakes engaged for a full 10 kms when he parked my car he noticed a burning smell comming from the rear wheels, and when he checked, he said tha the wheels are actually smoking, tapos ayun na ayaw na kumagat nung handbrakes, thanks for the advise tatanong ko sa shop kung kaya pa maadjust nung parking brake shoes. . .

recommended parking brake shoe  for my w201 190e