New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks Larshell!

Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    afaik, tire profile are designed to reduce road noise and increase traction of wet or slippery surfaces, hence the obvious advantages of slicks and rain tires from one another. on the suspension and tire combination, i guess it all depends on the springs for right amount of softness.
    Thanks for the insight. My previous readings taught me that the tread pattern gives it the "noise" rather than the tire profile itself so a tread pattern with smaller gaps between blocks, and smaller blocks, means it's a quieter tire. A lower profile tire will also generate a bit more noise because of less sidewall flex so there's not much flexibility in lower profile tires compared to taller tires. But what do I know, I don't change tires that often enough. That's just from what I've read online anyway.

Can't wait to install Akebono ceramic pads in front

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Some updates pics, prepped for the huge MB meet this coming Saturday...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    *mbeige,

that is one beautiful ride. kudos to you!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Pat, OT to sa sarili mong thread.... hehehe... Akebono Ceramic pads???...

Scenario: We can use a wide variety of brake pads on our cars, but isn't there a pad AND disc combo talaga??.... Some brake pads (specially the bi-metallic one's) tend to grind their way on our brake rotors quite easily...

Question: Akebono Ceramics on orig MB rotors???.... Keep us posted on your experience ha...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yeah, pero papalit na rin ako ng rotors. Sabi ni EricB since he's using Akebonos on his 190E before, and now on his 300SE, wala naman problem so far.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Photoshoot: Youngtimer