New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The old (late 80s to mid 90s) German paintjobs are exquisite. The absence of paint chemical restrictions allowed finer painting sequences than today's thinner (but more durable, all else being equal) paint.

I've worked on neglected BMW and Mercs of the same era and most of them have really, really nice paint to work with...

Gotta love that big block of German carriage.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The old (late 80s to mid 90s) German paintjobs are exquisite. The absence of paint chemical restrictions allowed finer painting sequences than today's thinner (but more durable, all else being equal) paint.

I've worked on neglected BMW and Mercs of the same era and most of them have really, really nice paint to work with...

Gotta love that big block of German carriage.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    dang... those are pro-shots bro!

taken any photo lessons? did you enhance the color? what camera did you use?

sorry fot the ot.
    Thanks man! Didn't take any lessons, but my dad is a photo addict so maybe that helps?

I did have to enhance the color, only because the original images did not look realistic, so I just returned the colors back to what they were. I used an Olympus C8080 WZ.

Gawa na ba ako ng business card?

Theveed, you're right. The paint quality of those cars are still very good and very thick compared to today's thinner paint layers. A small ding or scratch could mean a respray on that panel for newer cars, but on these old cars it's as if nothing happened.

The W140 is a 1990's car, but even at that age, it's still very good - probably one of the best built cars. Compared to today's S class models, the W140 cost so much more than comparable ones. However, that's also the time when electrical problems appeared due to more gadgets, toys and equipment to play with. So far, this car has been trouble free...
    Last edited by mbeige; August 18th, 2008 at 06:20 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    galing! with your skills, it puts a shame to the camera companies offering new models with 12 or more MPs. and yet we could not get a quality like yours.

btw, kung may glossy models na ang LCD. ito yung glossy Car.
    Last edited by rion; August 19th, 2008 at 01:40 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    galing! with your skills, it puts a shame to the camera companies offering new models with 12 or more MPs. and yet we could not get a quality like yours.

btw, kung may glossy models na ang LCD. ito yung glossy Car.
    Bro, in fairness, when I blow up my images they're a bit "noisy" due to the darkness and limitations of my camera. That's why I only posted medium sized images

Thanks anyway!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Photoshoot: S-klasse style