New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    need your opinion guys.. my exhaust system needs replacing.. its silly, pero im thinking of buying jap exhaust for my w201.. ok lang ba ito, would it affect the car.. or hanap ako stock mb muffler?

thanks..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ralliart17 View Post
    need your opinion guys.. my exhaust system needs replacing.. its silly, pero im thinking of buying jap exhaust for my w201.. ok lang ba ito, would it affect the car.. or hanap ako stock mb muffler?
    Don't just yet. Go to Mufflerland... they do good alternative MB-copy mufflers for a reasonable price.

Check out this link for Mufflerland outlet locations:

http://www.mufflerland.com.ph/Locations.html

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Is the MB replicas really worth it? Anyway, found out that the previous owner of my 16v removed one of the mufflers/silencers. I went to one of those shops along P Tuazon as well as Mufflerland along Marcos Highway. (I just went to the one along Tuazon since I was already in the area and wanted to know what my options were.) It was there where they noticed that it lacked a second muffler. They also suggested I replace the one at the back since it was the loud type and I was complaining about the sound coming from under the car. They quoted 3k for replacement of both mufflers with one that they made themselves.

I also went to mufflerland a few days after. Quoted me 2,500 for an ordinary muffler and 4,500 for the replica benz muffler which was made in Taiwan. Is there a difference if I get the benz replica or would it perform just the same as the generic looking one? On the same note, would there be any difference with that generic one and the one being sold in that small shop along Tuazon?

If I add that additional muffler? and retain the loud one at the back, would I feel any significant difference Of course, I can always do them one at a time.

Lastly, on the performance side, would there be any difference between the ordinary muffler and the loud stainless one that I use?

muffler question