New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    mga sir thanx po sa mga comments and advise niyo, very helpful, on the other hand, di po ba mahirap ipaayos yung electricals and special options ng 126 especially sa high-end models?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Les007 View Post
    mga sir thanx po sa mga comments and advise niyo, very helpful, on the other hand, di po ba mahirap ipaayos yung electricals and special options ng 126 especially sa high-end models?
    As a general rule, a car (regardless of brand) equipped with more electrical gadget is more "complicated" to maintain. Likely, these vehicles may already need a DIAGNOSTIC GADGET to access what the problem (should there be) is.

The same principle for bigger engines. The more it gets complicated and expensive to maintain when the engine displacement/# of cylinders go up. Not to mention your fuel consumption.

Hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    + 1 to what Pat and Ron has just said....

and a piece of trivia as well: Taipan Lucio Tan also likes his W126 LWB...
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    I heard from the grapevine that tycoon Lucio Tan likes his w126 so much that he bought a parts car just so he can continue using it inspite of having newer and much more expensive cars.
    he he... buhay na buhay pa pala yun W126 ni LT.
    I remember he gets picked up by this W126 from the airport when I use to fly for him a few years back.
    This just goes to show that the W126 is reliable and efficient, which is a must for the tycoon LT.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thankfully, yung akin di gaanong loaded with electric/power options. My car is pretty bare for a w126 but I like it that way, at least fewer things to go wrong. I don't have power seats on my car which is fine by me since 99% of the time I am the one driving it, I have a manual A/C as opposed to the Climate Control system that is very common on US version models, which is another blessing in hindsight since its cheaper and simplier to fix than the Climate Control in the event something goes wrong with it (I know, I learned it the hard way from my US version w124). The only concessions that I have in my car are power windows in all 4 doors and Automatic Transmission, both of which I consider as necessities in life (I even converted my w123 to A/T and installed power windows on it). The only thing that I wish I didn't have is the sunroof, nice to look at but practically useless here in Metro Manila. My w126 didn't even have magwheels when it first rolled out of the MB production line in Germany but by the time I got it, ithe previous owner had fitted Benz 3 magwheels on it which I eventually swapped out for a Benz 2 wheels in the interest of being "period correct".
    Last edited by ronw123w124; September 23rd, 2009 at 12:16 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    di ba LWB yung sayo Ron?...

"Hopefully"... maka-score din ako ng W126 in the near future... (kumukuha lang ako ng bwelo kay Mrs.... sabay ilag.. hahaha..)...

If possible.. manual this and that din... at walang sunroof... tama.. walang silbi dito sa Manila ang sunroof... yung 124 ko nabubuksan lang ang sunroof tuwing linisin ang drains at i-lube ang mechanism...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    uh... that depends.. as most MB mechanics would say.. the last truly "repairable" S class MB.. is the W126.. and there are still a lot of mechanics out there that specialize on the 126..

although I have no experience yet in owning and maintaining 126.. but I think its not that expensive to own or maintain one... provided the previous owner did not bastardize the car..

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    di ba LWB yung sayo Ron?...
    Nope, SWB lang yung akin.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    For:
    Benzmizer: tama po kayo, the simpler mechanism, the better even for a such reliable car.

Busdriver: sir anong model ng 126 yung kay LT? what kulay?curious lang.

Ronw123w124: driving or just a passenger in a 126 already makes us feel "S" class. every ride in a benz is not ordinary, it's an experience!:2thumbsup: even without the too much options, it gives us the confidence that things will never go wrong very soon while we are on our way, with s class arrival. iba talaga pag original yung nakalagay sa car.

Lowslowbenz: ipag pray naten yan sir!:angel2: papayag din yan.

Ako personally, kaya nagustuhan ko ang s class 126 kasi it has one of the most reliable engines ever built, very solid and over-engineered construction, the last s class that can still be repaired even in our own garage, very stately that makes you feel comfortable like a king:king: with it's huge arrival factor coupled with yatch-like size specially for long wheelbase models. very safe din even to today's standards. anong hahanapin pa? tech goodie too!

Tsaka very good looking talaga noh? timeless design, some people will not even notice that it's a 20+ years old car, parang latest model pa. tulo talaga laway ko dito specially in white, black, or gold trims.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Mukhang maganda yung puting kotse, pero mali lang yung side mirror, di kasi dapat body color yun, it should be gray in color, saka yung mags, dapat Benz 2, the Benz 3 installed looks fine but its not "period correct"

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Mercedes Benz W126 - All abouts!